Job description / Role
Mubadala Investment Company is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi's leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining and renewable energy, utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE's growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Mubadala Investment Company continues to capitalize on demand to drive the growth of Abu Dhabi as a hub for both manufacturing and advanced maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO), while also supporting the development of a highly skilled workforce and the creation of a technology and knowledge driven ecosystem.
Mubadala Investment Company's global network of aerospace businesses delivers world-class performance, creates innovative products, and delivers value-added services to world-wide customers. About Financial Institutions
The Financial Institutions (FI) unit was established to support the sustainable growth of Abu Dhabi, making the capital a significant financial services hub, globally. FIs mandate is to create a scalable platform that efficiently invests in global financial institutions capable of managing assets and generating high and consistent risk-adjusted returns.
FI will focus on building and consolidating significant knowledge and expertise within the financial services sector.
The Financial Institution team will manage existing partnerships and assets such Anglo-Gulf Trade Bank, First Abu Dhabi Bank, UniCredit and Waha Capital. The unit will also oversee any specialty and consumer finance assets such as Abu Dhabi Finance, Dunia Finance and LeasePlan Emirates.
The Senior Vice President manages the evaluation of new investment opportunities and the oversight, monitoring and value creation initiatives for existing MIC investment portfolio.
The Senior Vice President will be responsible for providing strategic direction, guidance on financial modelling, mergers and acquisitions, to facilitate the achievement of business objectives within the overall company business strategy and maximize shareholder value, by ensuring ROI on all investment decisions and ensure long term financial growth and profitability with minimum risk.
Strategy Development for Investors
- Lead, direct and seek approval for the development of investment strategies for MIC Investments within Financial Institutions in order to support the achievement of key objectives.
- Identify and validate potential co-investment partners.
- Manage the assets under Financial Institutions function.
Budget & Plans
- Oversee and recommend Financial Institutions department budgets.
- Monitor financial performance of MIC Investments' portfolio and lead anticipated costs/revenues.
- Identify areas of unsatisfactory performance, potential areas of cost reduction and/or recommend performance improvements.
- Review and refine the structure for the Financial Institutions team so that appropriate resources are allocated efficiently and the reporting structure is managed effectively.
- Establish and manage departmental and individual goals and objectives by setting departmental and individual objectives.
- Manage on performance, developing and motivating employees.
- Conduct formal and informal feedback and performance reviews.
- Play an active role in the hiring and development of UAE Nationals within team.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Develop and oversee the implementation and development of policies, procedures and controls covering all areas within the Financial Institutions department and ensure consistent application and compliance.
- Lead and direct the implementation of disaster recovery plans and procedures in order to ensure readiness of the business for any contingencies from a financial perspective
Investment Assessment & Portfolio Management
- Assess, evaluate and screen new investment opportunities and make recommendations to the Executive team and MIC's Board.
- Lead the development of comprehensive feasibility studies, financial modelling, due diligence analysis to evaluate the strategic fit, ROI and viability of any new investment initiatives within the vision and mission of MIC Investments and agreed guidelines.
- Direct the risk assessment of ongoing investments and provide the Executive team an informed view of any risks and possible solutions.
- Liaise and develop business relationships with financial institutions to support MIC Investment strategy.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation of MIC Investments' internal controls related to investment opportunities in accordance with legislative and organisational procedures in order to protect and safeguard MIC Investments' assets and financial resources against any possible violations and support effective achievement of business objectives.
- Conduct and lead due diligence and draft due diligence reports during transactions (e.g. mergers and acquisitions) and provide necessary guidance to key stakeholders with sound investment advice prior to proceeding with any transactions.
- Ensure that all financial reports of select MIC Investments' portfolios are completed in a timely manner and complied with international and governmental standards in order to keep the decision makers informed about the financial health and performance of the Company's Investment Portfolio whilst recommending remedial action where necessary.
Safety, Quality and Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Financial Institutions function to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Lead and direct revisions of set procedures to optimise productivity, efficiency and manage change through continuous improvement of all related systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international best practice' standards as well as local regulations and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
Relationship Management and Development
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all relevant external and internal entities such as investors, government regulatory authorities, financial institutions, consultants, service providers and all other sections with highest standards of business ethics, whilst promptly attending to all critical issues in-order to ensure the services required by the organisation are delivered in the most effective and efficient manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelors' or MBA in Strategic or General Management or Accounting or Finance.
- Professional qualification such as CFA or CPA OR
- A Financial Advisory certification or equivalent.
Necessary knowledge and experience
- 10 years plus experience within a large Investment Bank or Private Investment entity.
- At least 5 years should be in a high-level Investment/Portfolio Management role
- Prior experience or strong interest in financial institutions is required
- Must have exposure to mergers and acquisitions and related functions.
- Familiar with Credit ratings such as Fitch/Moody's, etc.
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Private Equity & Investments Strategy Manager
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Group Finance Director / CFO (Construction)
Turnaround Restructuring (TRS) Senior Vice President – Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior Finance Manager