Job description / Role
THIS IS WHAT FUTURE FOCUS FEELS LIKE
STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT
Senior Vice President - Strategy and Planning
The strategy group maps out where we're going, what that means, and what it looks like. Our Research team analyses the industry so that we're never playing catch-up. Design translates strategies into award winning products and experiences. In Program Management, it's more about the delivery of our strategies into realized benefits. And our Corporate Planning team creates strategy so that we're agile enough to respond in a fast-evolving industry.
This role provides executive leadership to our Corporate Planning and Program Management functions.
- To provide focus and delivery momentum on investments and activities that will enable Dubai Airports and its stakeholders to offer an industry leading customer experience to passengers as they move through their airport journey. This is to be achieved through the leadership of a seamless planning process from strategic plan through to programme and project management, delivered expediently but with an expert eye for quality and detail.
- The role holder is responsible for the development of Dubai Airports' strategic objectives with the Leadership team and key stakeholders. To then translate these into a corporate strategic plan that is ambitious yet achievable and to then lead the associated investment planning and programme management activities to ensure the strategic plan is fully realised in the planned timescales.
- To be responsible for managing internal and external CEO/Executive level negotiations on the airport objectives and plans to arrive at a common point from which stakeholders can develop their own plans and activities satisfied in the knowledge that these are consistent with the overarching airport strategy.
- To also ensure that key stakeholders are fully aligned and supportive of Dubai Airports own plans, projects and delivery activities.
Planning and Programme:
- To lead an end to end process from Strategic Objectives and Planning to Investment Planning to Programme Management, including:
- Leadership of the annual planning process which defines a comprehensive multi-year master plan and investment portfolio to deliver against the organisation's strategic goals and customer/stakeholder needs
- Production of a plan that demonstrates a detailed understanding of the issues and opportunities in the airport as they relate to our customers/stakeholders and that the plan comprehensively addresses these with a priority dictated by an ambition to drive maximum value for our customers and stakeholders.
- Leadership of the programme management efforts of the organisation to ensure that programmes and projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet their target objectives
- Proactively lead the translation of the strategic plan into a comprehensive investment programme for the airport, ensuring that this is line with the financial goals of the organization
- To manage the funding of the investment programme with the Department of Finance, Dubai Airports Engineering & Projects and other stakeholders as necessary
- Chairs the multi-stakeholder Airport Planning Board
- Member of the Dubai Airports Senior Leadership Team
- Member of the Supply Management Board
- Defines and leads planning and programme governance as required
- Ensures that all internal and external stakeholders are fully aware and aligned to the DA plan and that there is common spirit of cooperation and anticipation of what the plan can deliver and achieve for Dubai's future vision.
- Manages senior level relationships on programme delivery (such as Dubai Airports Engineering & Projects, Dubai Air Navigation Services, etc,)
- Leads the planning and programme communications for the airports, ensuring that all relevant stakeholders understand the objectives of the programmes and are fully aware of any potential disruption through delivery that may require mitigation measures
- Leads, coaches and motivates the Corporate Planning and Programme Management teams. Creates a positive culture of achievement, accountability, agility and service.
- Builds a spirit of collaboration across the team, ensuring that they are proactive in delivering the end-to-end planning and programming process and that they are adept at managing the interfaces between planning, investment and programmes
- Ensures a positive and proactive working relationship between Planning and Programmes with the technical experts in the S&D Group (Research, Design and Delivery)
- MBA is an added advantage.
- You should hold a minimum of Bachelor's Degree level in a discipline related to business administration or related field with a Project management qualification.
- It is expected that you will have been in a senior leadership role for 10 years and above.
Experience & Knowledge:
- At least 15 years airport experience. The role holder should have a broad and detailed understanding of all aspects of airport activities including planning and development, operations, commercial, technology, engineering and support services.
- Broader aviation sector experience (Airline, Ground handling, etc.) is an added advantage. The role holder should have a detailed understanding of the aviation and airport supply chains.
Core Activities Experience:
- At least 5 -10 years of experience in defining and developing corporate level plans including Board level negotiation.
- At least 10 years of experience in managing and delivering large and complex programs.
About the Company
THIS IS WHERE THE FUTURE STARTS
We're going to become the best airports in the world. How? Because we deliver exceptional customer experiences through innovative and agile service propositions. We make a significant impact on our industry and the rest of the world. And we're central to Dubai's future as a global hub.
Our business is built on the brilliant ideas and unwavering dedication of our people. Together, we're shaping Dubai and truly connecting the world. For you, it means the chance to grow, challenge and innovate in a fast-paced, diverse, international environment. You'll break boundaries and deliver exceptional every day. You'll think big and act boldly. Most important, you'll create amazing airport experiences for millions of people, and reinvent them for millions more.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Enterprise Performance Improvement - Senior Vice President - Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Turnaround Restructuring (TRS) Senior Vice President – Global Management Consultancy
NSI & Bluefin Talent