Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Water Engineer with a minimum of 6 years experience in the water industry. Candidates shall have a high level of expertise in water and drainage network design.
The Water Engineer will be responsible for the carrying out of modelling, analysis and design of drainage, sewerage and water supply networks. He will report to a design manager in the Infrastructure Department. The successful candidate will take a leading role in the department, particularly with respect to network modelling and design. He will be capable of providing planning, leadership and technical expertise in management of complex and interdisciplinary projects.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or other appropriate qualification.
- Minimum of 6 years post graduate experience in drainage design consultancy work.
- Ideally, shall be proficient in the use of both pressure and gravity network software.
- Able to produce technical reports in English in a clear and concise form.
- Able to communicate effectively with both colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise in drainage network modelling and design
- Competent in using IT including Word, Excel, Power-point, emails and the Internet
- Able to work with and manage technicians
- Good presentational skills
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).