Senior Water SCADA Application Engineer
Thomas Thor Associates
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
- Participate in the process of analyzing the business and technical requirements.
- Participate in the design of the application and its interconnections with other applications.
- Review the consultant work for major projects and approve the application requirements specifications and test procedures.
- Coordinate project activities which include design, installation, testing, and commissioning of SCADA & Settlement related applications and software systems in a highly available environment.
- Provide support for the regular end-to-end audit of SCADA and point functionality, alarms, and system performance.
- Utilize SCADA technology to support Control Centre operation while minimizing the interruption to the SCADA system
- Supervise contractor work for major projects.
- Supervise the implementation of new stations and database modifications in the SCADA/ DSSF Systems to reflect water systems expansions and modifications.
- Software development within/over the SCADA / Metering Systems
- Participate in fixing the malfunctions and anomalies of SCADA applications and their interconnections with other applications.
- Perform database administration tasks and supervise the implementation of database modifications.
- Manage SCADA function's performance issues.
- Control the use of system software according to license agreements.
- Participate in systems testing and commissioning.
- Participate in activities related to system security, backup, and crash recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering/Electronics/Telecommunication.
- A minimum of 8 years of extensive experience in Operation and Information Software(with a focus on operational computing systems’ software).
About the Company
Recruitment, Executive Search and Consulting in Nuclear and other Net Zero Industries
Thomas Thor is a recruitment, executive search and consulting organisation attracting talents to Net Zero Industries especially Nuclear. Following the union of Thomas Thor and KeySource HCI in 2016, we proudly operate as KeySource Global for our Executive Search Services in North America (www.keysourceglobal.com). Our clients include nuclear regulators, operators, engineering companies, equipment manufacturers and research organisations. Our ten offices are located close to our clients, in Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Our multinational and multilingual staff have an unrivalled global network in the nuclear industry.
Our services include: • Provision of nuclear professionals for assignments on a contract basis • Recruitment of nuclear professionals for permanent staff positions • Advice on relocation and career development in nuclear • Nuclear industry research, statistics, and information
Our network of nuclear experts includes internationally mobile project and technical specialists in nuclear new build, commissioning, operation, decommissioning and waste management in the following disciplines: • Board Level, Strategy and Business Development • Project and Programme Management • Project Control, Planning and Contract Management • Procurement, Cost Management and Supply Chain • Safety (Deterministic, Probabilistic and Safety Management) • Human Factors, Human Performance and Risk Management • Quality Management • Licensing and Regulatory • Process and Design Engineering • Senior technical specialists in Electrical, Mechanical, Structural and Civil engineering • Waste Management and Fuel Cycle • Decommissioning
Electrical Design Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||10 Mar|
|Abu Dhabi||6 Apr|
Water Operations Planning Engineer
Thomas Thor Associates
Instrumentation and Control (I&C) Maintenance Technician
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||29 Mar|
Senior HV Electrical Design Engineer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited