Job description / Role
• Maximising the ‘Value added’ and ‘essential’ activities across roles
• Identification of roles whose activities correspond to multiple parts of the value chain
• Reduction in the level of complexity for roles whose focus is on ‘execution’ of the processes
• Ensure aligned accountabilities across similar roles
• To set up of the outlet and service areas prior to service according to Alpha standards, and the subsequent handover and closing duties.
• When requested, carry out stock or inventory checks
• To ensure all payment procedures are adhered to, in particular cash handling, and performed in an accurate and precise manner
• To be present at the pre-service briefing and be in constant communication with the kitchen team
• To ensure the guest tables are cleaned and relayed in a quick and efficient manner.
• To ensure the correct menus are available at the right time of the day
• Prepare, present and serve hot and cold drinks as per specs
• Deliver drinks and food according to specification, in a timely manner
• To ensure the outlet is clean day and night
• To great each and every customer upon coming and leaving and invite them to return
• To provide consistently excellent customer service by demonstrating thorough product knowledge
• To maximize sales through “up selling” in a positive and friendly manner
• To create the opportunity for the customer to ask questions and actively seek feedback from customers on a regular basis. Communicate this feedback to the manager on duty.
• To deal effectively and courteously with customer complaints and report them to the Team Leader/F&B Coordinator on duty.
• To ensure that you support your work colleagues and ensure that a team spirit is fostered at all times.
• To wear the company’s uniform as per standards and maintain the highest level of personal hygiene
• To display food, beverage and merchandise items as per standards
• To apply FIFO
• To work in any shift according to business requirements
• To report any food hygiene/ H&S issues or incidents to the Team Leader/F&B coordinator straight away
• To report all faulty equipment, machinery and service-ware to the Team Leader/F&B coordinator
• To ensure that all areas within the outlet are maintained to the agreed standards of cleanliness and hygiene
• To ensure all accidents are reported to the team leader/F&B coordinator and recorded in the accident book
• To organise, record and control the temperatures of all refrigerated units
• To organise, record and control the temperatures of hot food displayed in the counter
• This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and other duties may be required as part of the job
• 2 years minimum experience required in F&B, Catering, Hotels, Hospitality or any related field.
• Demonstrated ability to greet customers, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
• Special talent for learning menu items and describing them appropriately to customers
• In-depth product knowledge and distinguish quality of different kinds of food and beverages
• Knowledge of products and combos’ prices
• Able provide orders to customers, collect cash, and maintain proper accountability for orders and funds
• First-hand experience with point of sale system and cash registers and credit card payments
• Good English verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate in writing
• Willingness to listen carefully to understand customer message
• Proven ability to communicate and work in team with kitchen staff
• Effective team-player
• Capable of working with minimum supervision
• Complies with procedures, internal regulations and instructions
• Efficient in filling up forms if requested
• Dedicated and meticulous – high level of accurateness and attention to details
• Awesome attention to detail
• willing to stand for long periods and lift trays
• Exceptionally professional demeanour and very respectful attitude
• Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards
• Familiar with hospitality terminology
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC