Job description / Role
You have the experience, education and drive to lead. What you're missing is the freedom to create your dream. When you join DarkMatter, you'll find that freedom and build the future of cyber security in the UAE.
In this role, you will:
- Work with one of our major customers taking them through the transformation into becoming an Agile aligned ICT department, acting as the main agile advocate and running interesting hands-on sessions to demonstrate the power of agile thinking
- Have the opportunity to build and expand the dedicated Agile team and be part of driving Agile into all areas of the organisation
- Increase team throughout and visibility of work and communication by developing a Kaizen mind-set across the department and infusing agile techniques, vocabulary and processes into all staff as a standard way of working
- Be in charge of planning, scheduling and delivering all Agile activities across an ICT department of around 80 people
- Teach Agile theory to a team who have no exposure to an Agile environment
- Lead and facilitate the ongoing improvements in agile practices like daily stand-ups, Kanban, retrospectives, show & tell, for all teams
- Take part in and/or lead all ceremonies until such times that teams operate with a degree of self-sufficiency
- Deliver ongoing learning initiatives in areas like: Kanban, Optimising Flow, Teams, Motivation, Retrospectives, Trade Offs, Delivering Early & Often, Feedback, Adapting Agile.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a leader of Agile initiatives, preferably in an Infrastructure/ Service delivery context (purely Software Development won't be enough)
- To be comfortable with taking the lead in group sessions and with presenting, delivering and speaking
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Business or related field
- An accredited Agile certification (e.g. BCS AAP), recognised Agile Training or equivalent experience
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.