Services Cloud Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
Services Cloud Engineer, G42 Cloud
• The successful resource is expected to work 24/7/ 365 days on rotational shifts.
• The key person to work as a level 1 technical person responsible for providing professional support to G42 Cloud customers utilizing various tools for monitoring the physical/virtual health of our cloud, tenant space and data centers.
• Daily receives calls and emails from customers and provide them with answers to their queries, Level 1 troubleshooting.
• G42 offerings are based on industry standard public cloud providers, Engineers will be responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environment data centers with initial onboarding, upgrades and recovery.
• Engineers record alarms and customer interactions in the form of tickets, escalating those tickets to level 2 and level 3 teams when applicable within the SLA time.
• Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
Reporting to the Director - Delivery & Service.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction by appropriately and rightly interacting with them
• Manage tickets, incidents, service requests and changes adhering strictly to the SLAs on Jira.
• Closely manage and follow up any tickets with customer or level 2/3 engineers.
• Meeting SLAs and KPIs
• Comply with applicable laws, regulations, international standards and related G42 Policies and Procedures.
• Comply with G42 Acceptable Use Policy, attend mandatory information security, privacy, business continuity and HSE trainings.
• Report information security, HSE etc. incidents or suspect incidents through G42 established incident reporting channels
• Maintain confidentiality of information and classify and handle information ad per G42 Policies and Procedure
Skills and attributes for success
• The success parameters in your role include uptime of the platform, cost savings achieved by the department, and internal customer NPS.
To qualify, you must have
• 2+ years proven work experience as a Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment (Infrastructure, Network, Storage, Servers, Security).
• Experience in a customer facing role (professional services, support, etc.) and the ability to manage customer relationships up to the senior/executive level is critical.
• Knowledgeable of networks, routers, switches, firewalls with and has a deep understanding TCP/IP stack.
• Development Experience with Shell, Python, etc. is a plus.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
• Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations, and troubleshooting would be a huge plus.
• We try to centralize the work load out of our corporate office but, in some cases, we go onsite for meetings and collaboration.
• Ability to work in projects under tight timelines and different shifts including night.
What we look for:
If you are a performance-driven, inquisitive mind with the agility to adapt to ambiguity, you will fit right in. You should be eager to explore opportunities to build meaningful collaborations with stakeholders and aspire to create unique customer-centric solutions. Bias for action and a passion to conquer new frontiers in the AI space is at the heart of the G42 community.
What working at G42 offers:
• Culture: An open, diverse and inclusive environment with a global vision that encourages personal growth and focuses on ground-breaking, industry-first innovations.
• Career: Outstanding learning, development & growth opportunities via structured training programs and innovative, high-tech projects.
• Work-Life: A hybrid work policy to strike the perfect balance between office and home.
• Rewards: A competitive remuneration package with a host of perks including healthcare, education support, leave benefits and more.
G42 is a global leader in creating visionary artificial intelligence for a better tomorrow. Born in Abu Dhabi and operating across the world, G42 champions AI as a powerful force for good. Its people are constantly reimagining what technology can do, applying advanced thinking and innovation to accelerate progress and tackle society’s most pressing problems.
G42 is driving change in the region and beyond, joining forces with nations, corporations and individuals to create the infrastructure for tomorrow’s world. From molecular medicine to space travel and everything in between, G42 realizes exponential possibilities, today.
About the Company
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI solutions.
• Industry Solutions: experienced team of data scientists and engineers based in Abu Dhabi. • Fundamental AI research, through our subsidiary the Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IIAI), on AI, big data and machine learning. • Cloud Computing Infrastructure: the largest and most powerful Cloud Computing capability in the region. • Multidisciplinary and diverse team.
G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
IT Technical Support
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
IT Support Engineer - Fresher - 6 Months Contract
Manpower Middle East