Job description / Role
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering.
The Field Engineer 6 provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
- Willingness and ability to travel 80% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability. Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Strong customer service mind-set.
- Willing to support MENATI SPC operations
This position may involve demanding physical requirements and work in offshore/onshore remote locations, where access to medical care is not consistent, and weather conditions extreme. The applicant may be required to undergo fit for duty medical exams.
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.