Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
- Work on flagship websites for globally recognised brands, whilst meeting the demanding challenges on usability, resilience, performance, scalability and security.
- Build cross-browser, cross-device compatible pages adhering to industry best practices
- Responsible for architecting and defining the Front-end framework to solve complex designs and interactions that reflect the user experience and creative proposition
- Mentoring and guiding all project activities on multiple small to medium sized projects or one large project
- Shift between a creative and a technical focus depending on the project need and/or the type of project
- Participate in developing supporting proposal materials for projects
- Participate in scoping and planning work
- Write technical documentation (admin guides), white papers, presentations, contributes to determining internal processes
- Be a thought leader in the Front-end technologies and space
- Assist in recruiting of new Front-end employees
What you'll need to succeed
- A first experience working in an SFCC / Demandware Platform as a Frontend developer.
- Sound knowledge and experience on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) SiteGenesis/SFRA framework, Services framework and other platform capabilities.
- Good grasp of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with front-end application architecture and development
- Pattern, Module Pattern, Reveal Pattern, Facade Pattern, Asynchronous Module Definition etc.)
- Well versed with jQuery framework and patterns used. Should be able to write custom plugins for jQuery
- Hands-on experience with AngularJS framework and its constructs like custom directives, services etc.
- Hands-on experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, STYLUS)
- Understanding and hand-on experience with writing modular CSS using SMACSS and Object Oriented CSS methodologies
- Understanding of front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Semantic-UI and Foundation
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experienced with front-end tooling able to write custom automation tasks for Grunt
- Experienced with architecture and development of front-end tailored for various Content Management Systems in the likes of Sharepoint, Umbraco, Episerver, Sitefinity and Sitecore
- Should maintain and extend front-end development Guidelines and boilerplate that is currently being used as a starting point for projects executed by both internal and offshore front-end development teams
- Should be able to incorporate and understand HTML5 semantic elements and understand the SEO benefits of Microdata and Google Rich snippets for inpage SEO
- University Degree in Information Systems/ Computer Science
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.