Shared Service Centre Officer - UAE National
Job description / Role
Who We Are
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms sector engineers, IHS Towers is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure in the world by tower count, with more than 39,052 towers across eleven markets. IHS continues to grow and develop its existing positions and offerings in Brazil, Cameroon, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Kuwait, Nigeria, Peru, Rwanda, Zambia, South Africa and Egypt.
IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking Junior Officers to join our Shared Service Centre in Dubai! We are looking for local talent to work within the SSC department from Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report and Fixed Assets & Inventory.
• Ensure compliance to internal control policies/processes in day-to-day tasks assigned
• Support change, process standardization & continuous improvement mindset across IHS
• Manage relationships with other teams to ensure the completeness of Closing activities
• Generate customer billing data and transmit to customers
• Investigate and resolve customer billing inquiries
• Receive customer payments via bank transfer, apply cash remittances and finalize accounts receivable entries
• Credit control activities
• Manage delinquent accounts (incl. query resolution with internal parties)
• Credit notes to customers, reinstate or suspend accounts, produce credit reports
• Process invoicing adjustments at month-end and customer reconciliations
• Prepare accounts receivable reports
• Receive electronic invoices
• Processing of vendor invoices and handling vendor queries
• Creaton of payment proposals for periodic pay runs
• Processing of exceptional items
• Submission of POs to vendors
• Employee expenses processing
• Month end processing
• Journal postings and approvals
• Perform all month end closing activities, including the calculation and processing of manual journal entries
• Process and reconcile intercompany transactions
• Perform FX revaluation
• Perform account analysis and prepare P&L analysis reports
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Group reports and cash flow reports
• Update relevant Fixed Asset movements into ERP system – including creation, movements, disposal, write-down/revaluation, stock counts, etc.
• Perform Fixed Asset GL reconciliation
• Prepare month end reports
• Prepare Month-end depreciation through the system accounts receivable entries
• Production of high-quality FA&I data to support tax, statutory, and regulatory reporting
• Inventory accounting – including valuation, slow moving analysis, write offs, goods-in-transit accruals, etc.
• Perform product costing, Purchase price variance and cost of sales analysis
• Recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA) (essential)
• At least 3 years' experience in related field (essential)
• UAE national passport holders with family book (essential)
• Monday – Friday work week (11am-8pm)
IHS is committed to improving the quality and availability of telecommunications infrastructure, the lifeline for an increasingly connected world. We are dedicated to helping create a sustainable future for the communities in which we operate, and our sustainable strategy is structured around four pillars: ethics and governance, environment and climate change, education and economic growth, and our people and communities.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
About the Company
IHS Towers is one of the largest independent owners, operators and developers of shared telecommunications infrastructure in the world by tower count and is the only towerco solely focused on the emerging markets. The Company has more than 30,500 towers across its nine markets, including Brazil, Cameroon, Colombia, Côte d’Ivoire, Kuwait, Nigeria, Peru, Rwanda and Zambia.
IHS has made significant investments in hybrid energy solutions including solar and the remote monitoring of networks through cutting edge network operating centers which monitor tower site performance.