Job description / Role
The Shift Charge Engineer is responsible for directing Power plant operators in the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the power plant which includes HRSGs, gas and steam turbines, generators, associated auxiliary equipment, and substations by SAOM Policies, the PPA, or as directed by the Production Manager.
The shift Charge Engineer is responsible for coordinating and communicating with other Maintenance Engineers, departments, and shared facilities personnel to analyze and resolve problems.
Job Requirements Shift Charge Engineer
The duties and responsibilities of Shift Charge Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
• Leads the shift group in the safe and efficient operation of the S3 Power Plant equipment.
• Directs power generation plant operators on the operation of all plant equipment in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner by the PPA following industry standards, environmental compliance, original equipment manufacturers recommendations, and SAOM and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Directs all operators to ensure the operation of all equipment in a manner that will achieve the optimum Plant availability, reliability, and efficiency without compromising personnel and equipment safety.
• Liaising with Transco for the plant Generation declarations, dispatch, and outages.
• Liaising with Gasco and ADNOC for the fuel gas and fuel oil receipts and outages.
• Prepares and reviews the equipment SOPs and LOTO procedures.
• Ensures Operation Department Standard Operating Procedures are followed in Plant operations
• Ensures all the plant emergency and protection equipment is available.
• Reports the deviations to the Production Manager and the Maintenance personnel for immediate rectification.
• Ensures equipment isolation and normalization are carried out per the requirement following proper Safety PTW and LOTO procedures.
• Leads the shift team to meet the Shift group, Production department, and SAOM annual targets.
• Responsible to oversee all start-up, shutdown, and emergency operations as per the stipulated procedures.
• Analyze plant operating problems and coordinates solutions with his shift group, other operating Shifts, and Maintenance Departments without compromising safety, and with the least impact on plant availability and reliability.
• As an incident controller takes appropriate measures to control the onsite and offsite emergencies.
• Acts as Site Controller in the absence of Plant General Manager and Production Manager until they arrive at the site.
• Declares emergencies according to the potential of the emergency.
• Hands over the duties Plant General Manager or Production Manager upon their arrival and updates of the status.
• Maintains the shift logs, equipment operation data, parameter trends, and equipment history records.
• Reports immediately to the Operations Manager whenever: An accident occurs involving serious injury to personnel.
• A plant upset occurs which would result in an extended loss of plant equipment availability.
• It is necessary to take disciplinary action.
• Ensures operators and chemists adhere to housekeeping policies.
• Ensures daily, weekly and monthly reports and logs are maintained.
• Evaluates the performance of subordinates.
• Train operators and chemists as needed.
AED 25,000 to 35,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Minimum Qualification Shift Charge Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
• Ten years of power plant experience in a Thermal Power Plant, three years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
• Combined Cycle Power Plant experience, >500 MW capacity power plant experience, and previous experience as SCE in medium to large Power Plant are Preferable.
• Excellent English verbal and written skills.
• Strong leadership skills are essential.
• Ability to take direction and responsibility.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze a problem and pursue a successful conclusion
• Team player.
About the Company
Recruits Management Consultancy was established in 2005 in recognition of the need for high quality, affordable staffing and management expertise to be more readily available to organizations in our chosen markets.
We are a leading service provider offering cutting edge solutions to help businesses and individuals in an ever-evolving world. The services we offer include recruitment, management consulting, marketing and travel solutions.
Above all, we make a difference in the performance of our clients and this is what leads to us having very high levels of repeat business with our existing clients and a large number of referrals from satisfied clients.
Quality Process Engineer
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|
Industrial Maintenance Engineer
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||3 Feb|
Production Engineer (EPS Molding & Expansion)
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
|Abu Dhabi||23 Mar|