Job description / Role
• Coordinating the day to day operational activities of voyage and time chartered ships, ensuring compliance with the agreed charter party terms;
• Properly and timely convey voyage instructions, including pertinent details from the governing charter party and other information applicable for the particular voyage and/or employment to the vessels, port agents and other relevant parties;
• Develop and maintain close business relationships with customers, terminals, port agents and other relevant parties;
• Continuous tracking of vessel movement and voyage progress as per Charter Party requirements.
• Maintain up to date and fact based knowledge of vessel speed / consumption and in port performance, while ensuring compliance with charter party.
• Record and generate over performance claims and counter / negotiate the settlement of under-performance claims;
• Update, maintain and produce daily vessel position list;
• Record keeping (correspondence to/from ships, agents, brokers, maintain claims database etc.);
• Ensure accurate record keeping of cargo claims.
• Liaise with ship and P & I club in the event of any disputes;
• Monitor and plan bunker replenishment for the vessels along with the Operations Manager;
• Invoicing and follow up of freight, demurrage, hire, agency costs and miscellaneous claims.
• Negotiation and settlement of demurrage claims. Assist in the development and control of vessel charter hire reports;
• Follow up with vendors and collate brokerage commission, supplementary and bunker invoices for presentation to the Operations Manager for approval.
• Responsible for appointing agents as necessary & maintaining, updating and expanding port cost / port information database;
• Responsible for monitoring agreements with agents and contractors to ensure the best level of service at the best price;
• Checking charter parties to ensure all terms are in accordance with the fixture;
• Processing of owners expenses incurred by charterer on behalf of owners and relevant record keeping;
• Processing and recording of off hire claims;
• Liaising with all other departments to ensure efficient commercial operations and compliance with the charter party (monitoring approval status, minimizing offhire etc.);
• Keep Operations Manager advised of developments within area of responsibility and matters of general interest;
• Make suggestions for improvements and savings within all areas of the tanker activities to ensure constant competitiveness;
• Ensure that B/L’s are always issued in accordance with the relating Charter Party and that they contain all clauses as prescribed / required by the company;
• Ensure that original bs/l are presented before commencement of discharge or acceptable LOI's are in place.
• Ensure accomplished bs/l are received without undue delay after completion of discharge.
AED 20000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Education allowance, internet allowance, family medical, etc
• Sound Commercial Awareness.
• Self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimum supervision
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in rapidly changing environment, and prioritize duties accordingly.
• Due to the nature of this position, flexibility in hours of work is essential.
• Ability to be customer responsive, building and maintaining relationships with our customers.
• PC literate including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• H. Diploma / Bachelors Degree
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role
About the Company
Gulf Energy Maritime (GEM) is a leading, independent Product/Chemical Tanker company which provides Marine Transportation for the energy markets across the world. We own and manage 19 vessels spread across different vessel classes i.e. 2 LR2, 8 modern LR1 and 9 chemical and product tankers.
GEM's primary objective is to operate with high standards of safety and quality in its operation and management. Our consistent track record in this area sets us apart from other industry participants and lets us maintain a preferred position in the maritime industry.
GEM vessels operate in both the spot and time-charter markets delivering petroleum products, chemicals and other hydrocarbons to customers worldwide. Our well maintained fleet and commitment to high quality, incident-free service positions us as a preferred service provider of major oil companies, refiners and traders throughout the world.
Assistant Logistics Officer
Naran General Trading
Cargo Line Shipping Services LLC
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
Logistics Officer - Agriculture