Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known defense entity in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Range Technical Design SME (RTD SME). In this role, the job holder will responsible for applying shooting range design standards (preferably JSP403) and developing concepts, drawings and specifications of shooting ranges and material to be used. The RTD SME shall have a sound understanding of ballistic envelope of live fire training facilities and experienced in how the facilities are operated.
Other responsibilities include:
• Collect clients’ requirements and develop requirements documentation.
• Design facilities live fire safety templates.
• Designing and applying an appropriate shooting range standards to the design of the facility.
• Oversee and direct the draftsman to develop 2D and 3D designs of the facilities using appropriate software.
• Lead and guide the review of ballistic design of materials (ballistic steel, bullet catchers, lamellas, rubber, concrete and sand).
• Recommend alternate material of construction or methodologies of construction to be used at the training facilities.
• Evaluate and approve the materials used in the design of the facilities.
• Participate in value engineering exercises.
• Approve the manufacturing process of the material used for ballistic protection.
• Witness the quality control tests of ballistic material.
• Develop a quality control plan of shooting range material.
• Develop shooting range material and facilities sustainment procedures.
• Participate in shooting range safety policy development and reviews.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• University degree (Engineering) or equivalent in one of the core areas of the Project being managed
• Project management certification
• 15+ years’ experience in the application of shooting range building standards and operational requirements
• 5+ Shooting range design experience
• At least two years field / hands on technical experience
• Experience in JSP403 standards
• Expert in Shooting ranges design, safety and operational requirements
• Strong knowledge of shooting ranges building standards
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Design Project Manager for an Architecture and Interior Design Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Senior Project Manager
|Abu Dhabi||30 Sep|
Project Manager Construction - Hotel/Resort
Project Engineer (Hotel / Ski Resort)
Project Manager - Civil Engineer