Job description / Role
Shop Supervisor - Marina Rinaldi
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Shop Supervisor for Marina Rinaldi - Dubai Mall
The Shop Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Store/Shop Manager in managing the team, ensuring the attainment of sales target, delivering an outstanding guest experience, maintaining the shop and brands merchandizing and managing the stock, in alignment with the Company's policies and procedures.
What you'll do:
- Follow all relevant Retail policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
- Follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Build and maintain Supplier/Retailer relationships in order to build a strong working relationship
- Communicate with Retailers to assess their needs and provide assistance in satisfying those needs
- Address Retailers' queries about products, prices, availability, product uses, and services
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements with Suppliers/Retailers
- Monitor sales activities to ensure that the sales targets are met
- Supervise the sales process by following up on orders, deliveries (and collections)
- Ensure that payment and collection of receivables is done in a timely and diplomatic fashion
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager on the budget requirements and limits
- Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business
- Ensure in store stock replenishment in the appropriate shelves/counters, at appropriate times
- Oversee the ordering and replenishment of all goods to avoid running out of stock and process orders if necessary
- Maintain a running inventory through sales promotions in coordination with Brand Managers
- Ensure merchandising guidelines have been met for all brands
- Implement on the field launches / animations in line with Brand Managers
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
- Understand and communicate the organization's priorities to ensure team's alignment with Group's objectives
- Supervise assigned personnel (e.g. screening, interviewing, recommending, training, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing productivity of staff, and ensure that department outcomes are achieved
- Conduct periodic performance appraisal to all assigned staff, and for growth, development, engagement and motivation, coaching and guiding of the department's employees
- Monitor front-liners attendance, leave and vacations
- Calculate and submit commissions to respective HRBP team
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content.
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below
- Must have a minimum 2 years of experience in managing a high traffic store with high volume of transactions.
- You will have expertise in sales techniques and product knowledge
- Confident with surprising and delighting our guests in store with sound customer focus and attention to detail.
- Comfortable with all aspects of merchandising; including cleanness, stock rotation and inventory
- Be a brand ambassador; with the solid understanding of implementing brand visual merchandising guidelines
- A passion for people
- Strong communication and skills. In addition to English, Arabic is preferred
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.