Job description / Role
• Conduct supervision responsibilities in adherence to guidelines as indicated in the Supervision Manual; ensure that supervision guidelines are being adhered to by site architects at all times
• Review and assess contractors’ and sub contractors’ pre-qualifications, inspect their showrooms, workshop/factory as and when required
• Make recommendations to the Resident Engineer regarding the selection and approval of sub-contractors in coordination with and through consultations with owner/client representatives
• Review and understand all project contract documents (drawings, shop drawings, composite coordinate service shop drawings, specifications, contract documents etc.); coordinate with other site architects and engineers before construction activities commence
• Notify the Resident Engineer of any discrepancies identified against contract documents in order for corrective action to be taken
• Assist in resolving any issues raised by contractors (e.g. requirements for time extensions, change order requests, variations etc.); make recommendations to the Resident Engineer as appropriate
• Review related items within the Contractor’s Construction Schedule (CCS) in coordination with the Planning Engineer (e.g. shop drawing submittal log, procurement schedule, and material submittal log etc.) prior to its approval by the Resident Engineer
• Review related construction materials, technical data and material and finishes samples submitted by contractors; ensure compliance against ministerial requirements and technical specifications.
• Attend various off site inspections including out of country inspection for review of specific material/samples, mock-ups, testing, etc. as per the contract document
• Inspect related procured construction materials delivered to the site, to ensure compliance against ministerial requirements and specifications/contract documents/approvals
• Review “mock ups” and “progress work” against contract documents; make commentaries and recommendations to the Resident Engineer as required
• Attend meetings (e.g. progress meetings, coordination and specially called meetings with clients etc.) as and when required.
• Lead in resolving design and technical coordination issues with Finishes, Structure, Electro-mechanical, landscape, etc. on the project.
• Participate in preparing progress reports and in verifying costs related matters in order to finalize monthly payment certificates
• Lead the snagging procedure after substantial completion of construction activities have ended; ensure that a snag list is prepared based on defective/outstanding works for the contractor to rectify, repair and complete for re-inspection.
• Review related as-built drawings provided by contractors prior to their submittal to local ministries for approval and for final construction record purposes
• Bachelor of Architecture from a reputable university
• Min. 10 years of experience in a similar role, 7 years in an engineering & consulting industry on site, or as a client representative
• Enrolled in Society of Engineers in UAE
About the Company
A leading construction company in Lebanon.