Job description / Role
Electrical Engineer – Road Lighting
Ras Al Khaimah, Northern Emirates - UAE
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, specifications, and computer-generated reports
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Supervise the works to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications and assist in work measurements
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and make necessary recommendations and design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that electrical system is installed and functioning according to specifications
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs
- Ensure the Contractor’s adherence to Construction documents and latest Authorities’ regulations
- Reviewing Contractor’s Submissions (shop drawings, Materials, RFI, close out documents, etc.)
- Liaise with local Authorities.
- Provide all necessary on-site direction after due consultation with the Resident Engineer
- Report back as necessary to the Resident Engineer
- Monitor contractor’s resource allocation
- Assist in reviewing the process of Variations and Claims.
- Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Resident Engineer and project Safety Representative.
- Must comply with safety, health and risk management requirements
- Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in construction supervision of road lighting works.
- Preferably with related experience in UAE.
Your future is calling!
Complete an online application and attach a comprehensive and latest copy of your CV.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.