Job description / Role
• The Site Engineer assists the Project Managers/Construction Managers in executing all project requirements according to the company standards ensuring that quality and HSE policies are strictly adhered to.
• Supervise all on-site construction including subcontractor’s, resolve day-to-day problems on the job site and inspect all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
• Leading, directing and monitoring the performance of all site Foremen and support staff in the team.
• Responding with appropriate and necessary levels of construction supervision to provide quality assurance in accordance with contract documents.
• Advising and assisting the contractor on construction procedures.
• Observing the safety procedures followed by the contractor and issuing instructions as necessary to correct safety violations.
• Liaising with the consultant and design team to achieve the highest achievable standards within the contracts.
• Monitoring progress, assessing of standards, reviews, design changes and advise Project Manager as to its progress.
• Assists in development of new project proposals. Includes directing and preparing layouts, developing budget estimates, preparing preliminary and detailed designs, collating all required information.
• Assists in management of construction projects. Includes overseeing the development of the detailed project drawings, interacting with contractors, administering sub-contracts as required and exercising overall site control of the project
• Administers excavation work permit procedures. Includes reviewing drawings for underground utilities, determining feasibility of work, and giving approval.
• Provides engineering and related technical advice on construction or related matters, overseeing document control activities, liaising with Engineers in other sections etc.
• Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s HSE&Q policies and procedures, ensuring that appropriate preparatory and protective measures are employed at all stages of the work by employees and contractors. Arranges for appropriate safety training to be given to employees and contractors on site.
• Preparation of Inspection and test plans for in-house projects and reviewing the same submitted by the contractors.
• Reviewing workshop/Fabrication drawings
• Carries-out inspection of day-to-day activities and reporting to the Project Manager.
• Takes ownership of the site activities from site development to completion and handing over
• Planning resources application in advance and tracking the costs for each application.
• Capable of preparing risk Assessments and job safety Analysis of site activities.
• Comparing planned progress with actual and communicating with other sections/contractors
• BSc in Engineering with minimum 6 years experience in Construction and Management of the site team.
• Familiar with various construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures
• Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office applications, Access, Autocad, Prolog Manager and Primavera
• Skills in writing technical and progress reports for site visits.
• Capable of carrying out site HSE and Quality audits on a regular basis
• Good communication skills in English (verbal and written)
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.