Job description / Role
You will be responsible to supervise and train crew on waste collection and transportation onsite/off site, ensuring safe work practices and addressing site conditions, crew behaviour.
• Lead a group of employees including drivers and helpers.
• Conduct pre-shift briefings (TBTs) explaining job tasks, associated risks and precautions.
• Accompany the field team and monitor the site conditions,employee behaviour during the work, providing guidance as needed.
• Address unsafe work practices, unsafe conditions and demonstrate proper methods based on Safe Operations procedures.
• Anticipate and address potential risks by implementing corrective measures.
• Report the unsafe work conditions and practices to the supervisors and managers.
• Check the vehicles and validate the vehicle checklist to perform the assigned tasks.
• Coordination with the workshop in relation to technical issues with the truck and other equipment prior to the shift.
• Coordination with operations in relation to service/ trucks & competency of employees.
• Assess the Competency of the crew & provide necessary training/refresher training on required activities.
• Maintain training records related to daily TBTs, site observations and actions taken.
• Issue violation tickets to the workers not complying with the safety regulations.
• Supervise the work and evaluate the work knowledge and efficiency of the assigned workers & vehicles.
• Effectively communicate, motivate, train and manage a team of assigned Drivers and Helpers
• Ensure high standards of housekeeping in the vehicles, yard and waste handling areas at the client site.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuous learning by attending.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• Higher Secondary School or similar
• 5 years of relevant work experience in the waste management field or minimum of 3 years experience is required.
• Field Operations experience in the Waste Management Industry.
• Functions and safe operation of waste management trucks & equipment
• Knowledge on geographical areas and local road transport regulations and job specific training on Vehicle parts
• Basic English writing and good communication in English/Hindi/Urdu...
Preferred IT skills:
• Capacity to operate smart mobile applications.
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.