Job description / Role
Our Architectural & Engineering Consultancy requires Project Architect to be deployed at our site projects, highly committed, responsible and creative individual, have excellent interpersonal skills and work well under pressure, have the ability to supervise and manage the construction from finishes stage till handover.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Oversee project construction from finishes stage to completion.
• Responsible for the supervision and quality control of contractor construction of finishing works (blockworks, plaster works, cladding, joinery, aluminum etc.) as per contract drawings, specifications.
• Attending and assisting site meetings, coordinating with main and sub contractors, and ensuring information supply to the site.
• Conduct site visits to assigned construction sites at least once a week and issue the observations in a site visit report format SOR or NCR to the contractor.
• On-site quality monitoring, defects snagging’s inspections.
• Review IFC drawings before issuing to the site
• Act as the log master for project submittals covering all disciplines; monitor, distribute to the concerned team for input and follow up to ensure submittals are released within the contractual period.
• To register any changes at site by filling the change form and raising any concerns regarding possible cost and time implication by contractor
• Keep aware of local authority regulations, approvals and be fully conversant with any amendments applicable to the project and ensure contractors adherence to the same.
• Review all technical submittals related to the Architecture within the contractual period.
• Handle the coordination with all disciplines ARCH, Interior Design, Landscape, Structure, Mechanical, electrical along with main contractor, and be responsible to solve all issues / clashes without affecting the design.
• Develop and maintain an action list for the assigned projects and distribute the list to the team for follow up.
• Adopt a proactive approach in coordination with the Project engineer and other relevant parties in resolving any issues or concerns that affect the progress of works and initiate steps to tackle in a timely manner.
• To be aware of the project progress; planned and achieved regularly.
• Degree in Architecture
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Architecture
• Proven working experience in supervising site construction
• Technical Skills must include proficiency in Revit & Autocad
• Good hand sketching skills would be desirable
• PMP certificate is a plus
About the Company
Established in 2015 ZAD Studio is an Architecture, Landscape and Interior Architecture Design studio based in downtown Dubai.