Job description / Role
About the Role
GEMS Westminster School, Sharjah, is looking to appoint an outstanding, highly-motivated and well-qualified SLT Secretary to join our team in July 2023. SLT Secretary facilitates and coordinates all secretarial and administrative functions to ensure the smooth running of the SLT offices, coordinating in an efficient, professional, and confidential manner.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Models and supports the schools vision, "Excellence Through Teamwork; Success for all" and GEMS/WSS core values.
- Maintain high quality communication from and within the school office. Liaise with tact and diplomacy with school staff, parents and representative of the GEMS Corporate Office.
- Perform a wide variety of general secretarial duties including the maintenance of accurate and detailed records, databases, and filing systems.
- Compile information from various sources to generate reports as required.
- Assist in training and monitoring the work of temporary staff, and other assistants.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Invest time and energy beyond the typical work day at times where tasks require additional commitment (such as during Inspection time).
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers.
About Your Benefits
An excellent remuneration package is on offer to successful candidate(s) including competitive tax free salary, medical insurance, annual flight allowance and fee concessions.
The successful applicant should have the following:
- Demonstrate excellent competence in computer technical skills using Google, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and other related programs/software for educational and business office use;
- Maintain confidentiality and exemplify personal and professional integrity;
- Two (2) years' experience as Secretary in an office or school environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially in English.
- Effective interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with a diverse, multi-cultural population.
- Ability to multi-task in a flexible, busy environment.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.