Job description / Role
Ignite Service and Selection are currently looking for an experienced SOC Analyst with experience in Cyber Security. Our client is a huge specialist within the digital security market and is looking to expand its SOC Analyst team.
You must have experience working within the Cyber security industry, have a positive attitude, and work well within a team environment. The contract is for 6 months initially, with huge potential to be converted to an internal hire based on performance, passion & commitment. The contract is not tied to any specific project. If the candidate proves he/she is a right fit, then they will be provided with the opportunity to join as an internal hire by the end of the contract.
Role and Responsibilities
• Cyber SOC Tier 1 Analyst in DTS Solution – HawkEye CSOC cyber command center.
• The security analyst Tier 1 monitor's security events from the various SOC entry channels (SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone), based on the security event severity, escalate to managed service support teams, tier 2 security analyst, and/or customer as appropriate to perform further investigation and resolution.
• Reviews trouble tickets generated by SIEM Leverages emerging threat intelligence (IOCs, updated rules, etc.) to identify affected systems and the scope of the attack.
• Reviews and collects asset data (configs, running processes, etc.) on systems for further investigation.
• Will actively monitor security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident analysis, evaluate security incidents, and will provide proactive threat research.
• Work closely with the Tier 2 Analyst to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving DTS Solution - HawkEye CSOC’s customer security posture.
• Participate in security incident management and vulnerability management processes. Identify, perform, review or track security incident investigations to resolution and identify lessons learnt.
• Identify, perform or review root cause analysis efforts following incident recovery to enhance operations.
• Participate in evaluating, recommending, implementing, and troubleshooting security. solutions and evaluating IT security of the new IT Infrastructure systems.
• Provide technical guidance to the customer’s technical teams during the configuration of new log sources.
• Understanding and implementing the SOC processes and procedures.
• Follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting.
• Triage events for criticality and escalate according to predefined processes incidents under the supervision of Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff.
• Communicate effectively with customers, team-mates, and management.
• Provide input on tuning and optimization of security systems.
• Document and maintain customer build documents, security procedures and processes.
• Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
• Reviews the latest alerts to determine relevancy and urgency.
• Creates new trouble tickets for alerts that signal an incident and require Tier 2 / Incident Response review.
• Manages and configures security monitoring tools (SIEM, SYSLOG, NETFLOW, FIM, SYSMON etc.)
• 3+ years of experience of network/security architecture or operations experience
• Experience working on specific SOC/SIEM platforms
• Excellent experience in Elastic (ELK), Splunk, Wazuh, LogRhythm
• Experience in SOAR technologies – Demisto, Cybersponse, FortiSOAR, Swimlane
• Excellent experience in MDR or EDR
• Experience in using security tools – commercial and open source
• Experience in defensive technologies – NGFW, AV, VPN, IPS, NETFLOW, DAM, WAF, Proxy, Web Filtering etc. Ability to inspect using PCAP files.
• Knowledge with Threat Hunting and MITRE ATT&CK Methodology
• GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
• GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED) issued by GIAC
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) issued by GIAC
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) issued by EC-Council
• CCNA, CCNP, MCSE
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
SOC Team Lead (L2)
Middle East Executive
Information Security Officer
Arab Payment Services (APS)
Digital Business Analyst
Network & Security Technical Specialist
IBM Middle East
IT Support Engineer - L1, L2 L3