Job description / Role
Ignite Service and Selection are currently looking for an experienced SOC Analyst with experience in Cyber Security. Our client is a huge specialist within the digital security market and is looking to expand its SOC Analyst team.
You must have experience working within the Cyber security industry, have a positive attitude, and work well within a team environment. The contract is for 6 months initially, with huge potential to be converted to an internal hire based on performance, passion & commitment. The contract is not tied to any specific project. If the candidate proves he/she is a right fit, then they will be provided with the opportunity to join as an internal hire by the end of the contract.
Role and Responsibilities
• Cyber SOC Tier 1 Analyst in DTS Solution – HawkEye CSOC cyber command center.
• The security analyst Tier 1 monitor's security events from the various SOC entry channels (SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone), based on the security event severity, escalate to managed service support teams, tier 2 security analyst, and/or customer as appropriate to perform further investigation and resolution.
• Reviews trouble tickets generated by SIEM Leverages emerging threat intelligence (IOCs, updated rules, etc.) to identify affected systems and the scope of the attack.
• Reviews and collects asset data (configs, running processes, etc.) on systems for further investigation.
• Will actively monitor security threats and risks, provide in-depth incident analysis, evaluate security incidents, and will provide proactive threat research.
• Work closely with the Tier 2 Analyst to assess risk and provide recommendations for improving DTS Solution - HawkEye CSOC’s customer security posture.
• Participate in security incident management and vulnerability management processes. Identify, perform, review or track security incident investigations to resolution and identify lessons learnt.
• Identify, perform or review root cause analysis efforts following incident recovery to enhance operations.
• Participate in evaluating, recommending, implementing, and troubleshooting security. solutions and evaluating IT security of the new IT Infrastructure systems.
• Provide technical guidance to the customer’s technical teams during the configuration of new log sources.
• Understanding and implementing the SOC processes and procedures.
• Follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting.
• Triage events for criticality and escalate according to predefined processes incidents under the supervision of Tier 2 and Tier 3 staff.
• Communicate effectively with customers, team-mates, and management.
• Provide input on tuning and optimization of security systems.
• Document and maintain customer build documents, security procedures and processes.
• Stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
• Reviews the latest alerts to determine relevancy and urgency.
• Creates new trouble tickets for alerts that signal an incident and require Tier 2 / Incident Response review.
• Manages and configures security monitoring tools (SIEM, SYSLOG, NETFLOW, FIM, SYSMON etc.)
• 3+ years of experience of network/security architecture or operations experience
• Experience working on specific SOC/SIEM platforms
• Excellent experience in Elastic (ELK), Splunk, Wazuh, LogRhythm
• Experience in SOAR technologies – Demisto, Cybersponse, FortiSOAR, Swimlane
• Excellent experience in MDR or EDR
• Experience in using security tools – commercial and open source
• Experience in defensive technologies – NGFW, AV, VPN, IPS, NETFLOW, DAM, WAF, Proxy, Web Filtering etc. Ability to inspect using PCAP files.
• Knowledge with Threat Hunting and MITRE ATT&CK Methodology
• GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
• GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED) issued by GIAC
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) issued by GIAC
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) issued by EC-Council
• CCNA, CCNP, MCSE
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Cyber Security Analyst
Ignite Search & Selection
SOC Team Lead (L2)
Middle East Executive
Network Security Administrator
RTC-1 Employment Services
Information Security Officer
Arab Payment Services (APS)
Network & Security Engineer