Job description / Role
To contribute to operation of the Security operations center in triaging security incidents and proactively monitoring the digital assets of the company. Operating within the policies and SOPs of the organization, this level of analysts are the first line of defense in terms of raising/escalating critical incidents and attacks. Specific areas of responsibility involves reviewing the SIEM for security logs and find the correlation between the logs and record findings against the incidents. Other relational security tools like End point security solution, Privilege access management, Email security solution etc. will also be involved in the everyday triage of the incidents and further analysis.
• To monitor, maintain and protect networks, systems and assets for malicious activity typically using technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and IDS systems.
• Identify and document information security risks and propose mitigating controls.
• Research, design, and develop new information security controls.
• Actively research, evaluate, and drive next generation security technologies and solutions to solve the organizations requirements.
• To carry out technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems to identifying potential vulnerabilities, make recommendations to control identified risks and work with those individuals to ensure they are implemented.
• Under minimal guidance of the IT Security Manager, assist with IT security Audits throughout the Networks and identifying potentially insecure processes and systems.
• To respond rapidly and effectively to IT security incidents, managing them in a professional manor, including performing forensics for evidence gathering and preservation.
• To contribute towards information security guidance documentation and training.
• Approach tasks with flexibility, proactivity and complete work to a high quality
• To coordinate tasks as directed by the IT Security Manager to assist in the improvement of the security of the system.
• To keep up to date with security trends, threats and control measures
• To manage other activities that may arise through evolution, growth or restructuring.
• Actively participate and contribute in regular and ad-hoc meetings and liaison with team, departmental and institutional colleagues as directed.
• To maintain high levels of professional conduct, including but not limited to: cooperative engagement in tasks set; the exercising of initiative to suggest, through line managers, improvements to the service provided; and clear and professional styles of communication at all times
Job Knowledge & Experience Required:
• Prior experience in working with a SIEM tool, corelating logs and analysing logs from all systems of an enterprise network
• Good understanding of Active directory, Servers, Cloud technologies, Networking, Endpoint security, Email security, Office 365 and perimeter security.
• Previously assessed, developed and implemented, operationalized, and documented comprehensive security technologies and processes
• Solid understanding of a range of compliance, regulatory, and legal requirements and relevant principles, best practices, and standards across multiple industries (e.g., PCI, SOX, GLBA, CSA, PCI, NIST, ISO, IEEE, FedRAMP, HIPAA, and TCG)
• A degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant discipline
• Mandatory certification in IT Windows Server/Active Directory, CCNA, EC council Certified SOC analyst
• Around 3-4 years of relevant experience as System/Server/Network Administrator
• Minimum 2 years in similar role
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
L1 Desktop Support Engineer
IT Support Specialist
RTC-1 Employment Services
IT Help Desk Suport
IT Field Support
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||17 Aug|