Job description / Role
SOC Analyst / Security Analyst - 1 year Contract Extendable
Purpose of the Role
The SOC Analyst – IT Security provides system administration to the ITD in the areas of information systems security. This includes planning and design activities, installation and maintenance, coordination, and monitoring activities to ensure system security, availability, and an efficient operating environment. Liaise with peers in the IT Security Team and other sections within the IT Division to resolve security incidents, vulnerabilities, and in troubleshooting related network problems. Evaluate new and amended security packages, as assigned. Review monitoring, use cases, relevant policies, processes and provide feedback to maintain the activities related to security incidents and vulnerability management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Install, maintain, and administer IT security monitoring/assessment systems, and ensure proper operation of the systems according to standards, procedures and ensure availability and recovery on assigned systems.
• Coordinate changes (upgrades, enhancements, and configuration) to production and test environments related to IT Security assessment/monitoring systems as required. Follow change management processes to carry out the changes.
• Work with IT teams and Group Security Operations Center (GSOC) team to troubleshoot and resolve security related issues and assist in configuring the logs to be forwarded from their respective systems to the centralized logging system.
• Monitor the performance of security devices through network monitoring solution and take corrective actions for any threshold breaches.
• Monitor security alerts and act as the first line of support for all the security incidents and coordinate with GSOC team and internal ITD team to detect, recover, and prevent or resolve security incidents. Follows up with vendors on incidents reported to ensure timely resolution.
• Run periodic vulnerability assessments of the IT Infrastructure and send the reports to the respective custodian of the system to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
• Review the periodic vulnerability assessments sent by the GSOC team and send the reports to the respective custodian of the system to resolve the identified vulnerabilities.
• Periodic reporting of security incidents, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing to the management. Follow the relevant process for providing access, making changes to IT security monitoring and assessment systems.
• Suggest improvements in processes to enhance the first and second level support of IT Security monitoring and vulnerability assessment environment.
• Investigate IT security breaches and incidents with the help of GSOC team and internal ITD teams to improve practices and processes for reducing the likelihood and impact of security related incidents.
• Assist the project manager in project related activities, especially in creating/reviewing the use cases, for any new/existing systems and coordinate with GSOC team to add/update the use cases.
• Perform project tasks related to centralized logging, alerting, and vulnerability assessments.
• Assist in reviewing deliverables from projects, implementation, and health check activities and supports any potential changes required to IT Security monitoring plans.
• Keep abreast of technological development in the IT security field and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Includes embracing new technology and finding practical applications for it and implementing improvements as there are identified.
• Carry out other related or similar duties as assigned by the line manager
• B. Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent ITIL foundation
• Certified SOC Analyst (CSA)
• Certifications in Firewalls, and other IT security systems.
• +5 years’ experience as a SOC analyst in a medium to large security operations center (SOC). +10 years’ experience in managing medium to large IT Security Environments
• +10 years’ practical on the job experience in computer operations including operating systems/ network/ security
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions
Information Security Officer
IT Support Specialist
Cyber Security Incident Responder
Emerald Technology Recruitment
L3/L2 Soc Analyst
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Officer - Information Security
A Leading ICT Company in the UAE