Job description / Role
This leading organisation is actively seeking a SOC Manager to join their company working on an initial 12-month extendable contract which will be based in Abu Dhabi.
Our client a global Cyber Security Leader based in Abu Dhabi with interviews happening this week. These positions will be working in an exciting new Managed SOC team and the client will provide multiple training courses with career progression opportunities.
• These positions are initial 12-month contracts with a likely extension.
• We can offer an competitive tax free salary + Visa + Medical Insurance.
Roles and responsibilities
• Lead and manage the Security Operations Center
• Primarily responsible for security event monitoring, management and response
• Ensure incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring
• Ensure compliance to SLA, process adherence and process improvisation to achieve operational objectives
• Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, Review policies and highlight the challenges in managing SLAs
• Responsible for team and vendor management, overall use of resources and initiation of corrective action where required for Security Operations Center
• Perform threat management, threat modeling, identify threat vectors and develop use cases for security monitoring
We are looking for candidates with ideally the below skills/experience:
• Proficient in Incident Management, Detection and Response
• Experience in security device management and SIEM
• In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management etc.
• Experience in threat management
• Knowledge of various operating system flavors including but not limited to Windows, Linux, MacOS
• Experience in performing vendor management
• Experience in team management, SOC effectiveness and efficiency assessment, metrics, service management
• Proficient in preparation of reports, dashboards and documentation
• Experience in IT environment and understanding industrial operations requirements
• Additional certifications and training preferred in the following areas: CEH, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GCFA, GCNA, CISSP, other certifications will be considered
If you are interested in this role of SOC Manager, please hit the apply button. Alternatively, if you know anyone who is looking, feel free to get them in touch, referral fees paid!
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|
Manager Information Security & Risk
Head of Information Services
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Bin Eid Executive Search and Selection