Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Manager, Security Operations Center to join the IBM CISO team responsible for securing systems, infrastructure, services, and data. The candidate will be responsible for a global team of analysts tasked with triaging and responding to alerts generated by our SIEM. Primary responsibilities include growing the SOC Analysts, ensuring processes are followed, updating and creating new processes as needed, setting and tracking metrics, and driving new detections/use cases from the SOC Analyst perspective. A passion for Security Operations with strong skills in critical thinking, communication, and mentoring, an inquisitive nature, and excitement for building a SOC are musts.
- Manage and train a team of security analysts responsible for monitoring NSGBU security systems for potential cybersecurity incidents
- Manage 24x7 detection, analysis, and triage operations
- Ensure development of standard operating procedures and operations tempo
- Validate that security analysts follow established procedures and follow up on anomalous activity when identified
- Identify monitoring and detection gaps and work with the SOC Detections Analyst team to expand log collection, detection, and analytic capabilities to address
- Improve data filtering, correlation, triage, and analysis automation techniques
- Adjust operations procedures and capabilities as necessary based on active collection and analysis of relevant metrics
- Develop a metrics program to measure effectiveness and ways to improve upon processes
- Build strong relationships with operations teams to facilitate rapid response actions
- Establish practices to maximize quality staff retention and growth
- Work closely with compliance teams to provide required evidence for various applicable controls
- Oversee and set the SOC Analyst team's training program
- Organize and prioritize various SOC functions based on business requirements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Security Operations Center management experience
- Experience managing remote employees around the globe
- Strong understanding of security monitoring, detection, and analysis methodologies and technologies including NIDS, EDR, WAF, FIM, network firewall, and SIEM
- Possess a deep understanding of operations, system, and network security
- Ability to explain complex security issues to analysts, engineers, managers, and executives
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Possess solid critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- 6 years of related work experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 4 years with Master's degree
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8 to 10 years of relative work experience desired
- Hands on security analyst experience with data filtering, correlation, triage, and analysis automation techniques
- Experience building a global SOC
- Expertise using Linux, Splunk, and Tanium
- Experience turning data into metrics
- Work experience at a cloud service provider and intimate knowledge of the complexities of securing a cloud environment preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud and related security technologies is a plus
- Recognized industry certification and/or continuing education programs are a major plus including CISSP, OSCP, GCIH, GCIA, SSCP, GMON
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environmentsâ€”with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
SOC Team Lead (L2)
Middle East Executive