Job description / Role
As an SOC Specialist, you will be responsible for the operational performance across the technology and services delivered by the Security Operations Centre. You will ensure the security alerts/incidents escalated will be analysed, provide a resolution, identify root cause and propose measures to prevent further occurrence.
Organisation going through exciting transition and investing heavily in people and technology.
* Act as an escalation point and ensure that effective escalation to wider security teams takes place as necessary.
* Provide in depth analysis of security alerts and where necessary and make recommendations to the Incident Response team to improve the organisation's security.
* Work on the design and operation of current and future toolsets that will support the SOC development.
* Make recommendations to various project teams and sponsors across the business with regard to Security Monitoring requirements and log data feeds.
* Ensure all relevant technical standards and policy documentation is reviewed and maintained thought-out.
* Partner with security teams to provide guidance and support in implementing new projects.
* Participate in security or IT projects ensuring security operations objectives are met.
* Periodically review the incident response process and propose improvements.
* Identify and monitor relevant operational metrics.
* Attractive salary and great working culture
* Fast-moving transformation environment
* Exciting project portfolio and the opportunity to work with the latest technology
* A degree in computer science, computer networking or information security/ethical hacking or at least one of the following certifications: CompTIA Security +, CompTIA CYSA+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA A+, CCNA, CISCO Cyber Ops - Cybersecurity Fundamentals, CISCO Cyber Ops - Cybersecurity Operations, SANS SEC401 Security Essentials
* Proven experience in operating SIEM systems in business critical environments.
* In-depth knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments.
* Technical Information Security Analyst background (SOC, SIEM, IAM/PAM)
* Experience working with Privileged Access Management technologies
* Understanding of Common IAM technologies such as SAML, OAuth and OpenID.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.