Job description / Role
The position will recommend and drive a fully integrated social communications agenda to:
- Enhance Oracle's brand presence on social media across Middle East and Africa; improve Oracle's online engagement with relevant audiences and social channels across the region; and deliver creative and innovative content formats that have mass appeal (and not restricted to a technology audience) across key priority audiences, namely the CEO, CIO, CFO, CMO, CHRO.
- Tightly linked with the EMEA PR team, field marketing team, country business leaders, and regional and HQ social teams, the role will augment Oracle's presence on social media platforms across Middle East and Africa. The role will also oversee the development of content for use across social platforms including video, photography and graphics.
- As a key role, this position will report directly to Corporate Communications Director - Middle East and Africa. The individual will also be a core member of the EMEA Corporate Communications team and will support the planning, designing, due diligence and execution of communications programs using social as the primary platform of delivery. The role will be aligned to agency PR team members as they conduct integrated communications campaigns directed from the EMEA team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive targeted social media programs as part of the Middle East and Africa integrated communications outreach, and provide social counsel and best practice recommendations to the business.
- Define programs that are social first, to create market impact, build credibility and demonstrate leadership.
- Create and oversee the development of all social content, from video, gifs, images to written posts.
- Foster strong relationships with third party influencers (media, analysts, independent thought leaders/ customers, other influencers - across personas) from across Middle East and Africa to help convey and propagate the Oracle story.
- Deliver clear and consistent messaging among key audiences, communities and influencers to promote Oracle's strategy, innovation and customer stories.
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams and develop programs that take into account market intelligence, emerging issues and market trends that have a direct impact on the company's business and can increase Oracle's online engagement with audiences.
- Work with other critical functions including Field Marketing, Digital Marketing, the Global Customer Program team, Sales and senior business management to implement a social communications strategy directed by the EMEA team and aligned to Oracle's business priorities and PR initiatives that helps position Oracle at the forefront of cloud and enterprise computing.
Skills & Competencies
- A social media champion with in-depth knowledge and understanding of major social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.), their respective participants, and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- 6-8 years' experience in developing and managing high impact social campaigns for Middle East and Africa markets in an in-house role, or with a leading agency.
- Experience in the IT industry and/or in a B2B environment is preferred, not mandatory.
- Good written Arabic language skills preferred, not mandatory.
- Deep understanding of SEO, social media metrics, analysis and mapping them into the communications agenda.
- Experience in creating high impact social assets including gifs, videos or written content in a newsroom, agency, digital or corporate setting. Must be able to storyboard ideas and develop storylines.
- The ability to develop written, video and photographic content that can be used across a variety of platforms, along with Photoshop/Illustrator and/or video skills.
- Knowledge and experience of traditional marketing, including paid social marketing/ media buying.
- A pro-active, can-do attitude that is the catalyst for setting direction and plans, recommending best practices and identifying new social media trends.
- Experience leading integrated social media campaigns, and amplify corporate programs.
- The ability to manage executives' social accounts and drive adoption and use of social media across all teams.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Digital Marketing Manager
Right Calibre Executive Search
Digital Content & Social Media Manager
Right Calibre Executive Search
Digital Marketing Manager (Retail)
Middle East Executive