Job description / Role
The company broadcasts newscasts every hour as well as talk shows and documentaries. The programs cover current affairs, business, stock markets and sports and is rated among the top pan-Arab stations by Middle East audiences. Middle East News have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media Graphic Designer. They are looking for a creative, business/sport social media content Producer with strong writing and shooting/editing skills.
- Experience in producing content for social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tiktok).
- Ability to lead and distribute daily publishing for social products in multiplatform.
- Ability to produce a video- graphics story including (creative ideas, building story board and editing if needed).
- Consistently pitch and develop new ideas for shows or fillers for business/sport.
- Write compelling scripts and treatments for social materials especially video graphics.
- Work with a VT editor and guide an edit in Premiere/final cut if needed.
- Consistently introduce creative ideas to the editors.
- Contribute to conversations around editorial and creative ideas in meetings and discussions.
- Assess new information and react quickly to editorial developments.
- Ensure Al Arabiya editorial, engagement and creative are standards.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- A bachelor's degree and/or relevant work experience.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments under tight deadlines and extreme pressure.
- Strong editorial judgment and a commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage.
- Photoshop: the resource in running day-to-day social activity and will be crucial in providing feedback on the effectiveness of strategy when put into practice.
- The Social Media Producer will work closely with AA News team to understand the content, voice, tone, audiences, and resources of said team.
- Strong attention to details and an ability to work within established deadlines.
- At least 3 years' experience in creative video production/filmmaking/video journalism/ business /sport background.
- Proven track record of success.
- A strong visual sense, experience in picture research and image editing skills using Adobe Photoshop.
- Understanding Middle East News' international audience and relevant market
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Social Media Specialist
Assistant Manager - Digital Marketing (Emirati National Preferred)
Dubai Properties (DP)
Social Media Graphic Designer
Social Media Executive
RTC-1 Employment Services