Job description / Role
Our client, a large medical rehabilitation center, is urgently looking for a Social Worker to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Conduct initial screening and evaluation of patients and families.
• Help patients and family members deal with the many aspects of the patient’s condition – social, financial, and emotional.
• Help patients and families understand their illnesses and treatment options.
• Act as an advocate for patients and families – including as an advocate for the patient’s health care rights.
• Aid and expedite decision-making on behalf of patients and their families.
• Educate patients on the roles of other members on their recovery team – including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.
• Provide crisis intervention
• Provide a comprehensive psycho-social assessment of patients.
• Educate patients and families about post-hospital care.
• Help patients adjust to their inpatient rehab setting.
• Coordinate patient discharge and continuity of care following discharge.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in social work (from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States or Western European Countries)
• At least 3 years as Social worker in a large hospital, rehabilitation facility or community setting
• Willing to work 12 hours per shift for 5 days in a week
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Officer - Reception - Mandarin Speaker
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)