Job description / Role
Reporting to: Senior Soft Services Supervisor
Division / Function: Transport
Base location: Dubai Metro
Job ID: 40001012
Job family: Operations
Serco Leadership Tier: Managing a team within a business or function
The purpose of this position is to lead a team of housekeepers to provide a safe, well maintained and clean environment within the premises of the Dubai Metro railway in line with customer expectations performance target
Reason for role
To plan, supervise and deliver cleaning services within the 51 premises of Dubai Metro locations
Structure and reporting relationship:
Reporting to the Senior Soft Services Supervisor
• People accountabilities: Management and supervision of Housekeeping staff (20 to 25 ) to ensure they deliver the cleaning standards within the premises of Dubai Metro
• Planning, Supervision and delivering cleaning services within the 51 premises of Dubai Metro such as stations, car parks, ancillary buildings, trains and depots to achieve RTA KPI targets in accordance with the Concession Agreement
• Liaise with Senior Soft Services Supervisor in the event of shortages and absenteeism of housekeeping staff on daily basis and ensure that relief staffs are deployed on shift to cover the gaps. Complete Outsourced KPI form accordingly
• Report faults to large equipment Supplier in case of faulty equipment and escalate to Senior Soft Services Supervisor if the fault is not resolved in 12 hours
• Responsible for keeping the cleaning equipment in good condition; and report any misuse to Senior Soft Services Supervisor
• Ensure that cleaning chemicals are stored in accordance with ‘Impact and Aspect Register’
• Review cleaning frequencies, work flows and special cleaning calendars to ensure optimum cleaning standards within Dubai Metro facilities (stations, car parks, depots and trains)
• Ensure that Housekeeping staff are performing cleaning activities as per the workflow and special Cleaning Calendar is updated within specified area of responsibility
• Ensure that incident/accidents or other such issues related to cleaning within stations, depots, car parks and trains are reported and resolved in timely manner
• Ensure all departmental documentation is completed accurately prior being sent to Senior Soft Services Supervisor on monthly basis
• Report to Soft Services Manager for purchase of cleaning products in the monthly briefing session
• Advise Senior Soft Services Supervisor of any training needs for either their staff or themselves
• Manage and control stock of cleaning consumables and supplies; (Aed Value 750,000). Ensure that stock holding levels are maintained at all the time
• Monitor the services provided by the Waste Management, Pest control, Feminine Hygiene and laundry subcontractor with in specified area of responsibility and provide feedback to Senior Soft Services Supervisors
• Follow safe working procedures and instructions personally and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required and look out for the safety of others
• Assist in detailing the cleaning records and any other associated duties as appropriate;
• Perform shift and emergency duties when required
• Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by the Senior Soft Services Supervisor or Soft Services Manager
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
• Ability to supervise a team of cleaners with an aim to meet the committed performance target of cleanliness in a cost effective and efficient manner
• Good interpersonal and people skills, and a mature, methodical and responsible approach to work
• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Ability to demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role
Additional / special features of the role
• A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a relevant field
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.