Job description / Role
Soft Services Supervisor
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to lead a team of housekeepers to provide a safe, well maintained and clean environment within the premises of the Dubai Metro railway in line with customer expectations performance target.
- Management and supervision of Housekeeping staff (20 to 25 ) to ensure they deliver the cleaning standards within the premises of Dubai Metro.
- Planning, Supervision and delivering cleaning services within the 51 premises of Dubai Metro such as stations, car parks, ancillary buildings, trains and depots to achieve RTA KPI targets in accordance with the Concession Agreement
- Report faults to large equipment Supplier in case of faulty equipment and escalate to Senior Soft Services Supervisor if the fault is not resolved in 12 hours.
- Responsible for keeping the cleaning equipment in good condition; and report any misuse to Senior Soft Services Supervisor.
- Ensure that cleaning chemicals are stored in accordance with 'Impact and Aspect Register
- Manage and control stock of cleaning consumables and supplies; (Aed Value 750,000). Ensure that stock holding levels are maintained at all the time.
- Liaise with Senior Soft Services Supervisor in the event of shortages and absenteeism of housekeeping staff on daily basis and ensure that relief staffs are deployed on shift to cover the gaps. Complete Outsourced KPI form accordingly.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Delivers Customer Service: Sees those they interact with as customers and seeks to identify and meet needs, taking swift action to resolve issues with integrity. Always alert to the customer's point of view and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates Personal Drive: Actively works towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Demonstrates Collaboration: Demonstrates proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts
- Communicates Effectively: Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Respects Difference: Shows respect for individual differences and perspectives amongst colleagues
- Assumes Responsibility: Effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Ability to supervise a team of cleaners with an aim to meet the committed performance target of cleanliness in a cost effective and efficient manner;
- Good interpersonal and people skills, and a mature, methodical and responsible approach to work;
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a relevant field.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.