Job description / Role
• Responsible for design and development of new software or extensive software revisions for external customers.
• Reviews and selects the underlying infrastructure technologies for the software product and its workflows.
• Serves as the top level technical expert by creating high-level architectural specifications and addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and general security.
• Performs research on the potential project feasibility to management.
• Participates as needed in new innovation efforts.
• As needed, advises both the Director of Engineering and the CTO on technical matters regarding the company software.
• Requires a bachelor's degree of Computer Science or a related field. Reports to the Director of Engineering.
• Work as a highly independent member of the software team.
• Assumes a team lead role for the software development team. Requires 10+ years of related breadth of experience.
• Utilizes best practice engineering methods and provides expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives.
• Facilitates team productivity and code quality through regular code reviews and technical education of the Software team.
• Facilitates team cohesion through good communication, guidance, and collaboration80033Director of Engineering Rev 1
AED 25,000 to 40,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Broad knowledge of the problem space developed through experience with all aspects of software development from backend infrastructure to networking, databases, documentation creation, API development and user interface implementation.
• Deep understanding of the Linux development environment and operating system, Python, ReactJS, services, test-driven development, code base management, continuous integration systems, networking security issues and advanced debugging capabilities.
• Quality leadership skills as a technical expert that can inspire and encourage teammates to improve their own skill sets.
• Remains current on technology trends and able to distinguish lasting technologies from short term
• technology fads in order to implement technology that will facilitate future product stability and scalability.
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Software Architect (E-Commerce CRM)
NextGen Web Technology
Head of Software Development
Ignite Search & Selection
MERN Full Stack Developer