Job description / Role
• Owns delivery of software products and components for ISA; provides technology expertise and contributes to the management of technology life cycle. Investigates and analyses application architecture, technology stack, design, development, deployment and automated testing.
• In collaboration with product team, project managers, and IT solutions managers, translates business needs into technical requirements and recommends cost-effective solutions/alternatives in line with the architectural principles laid down for ISA products.
• Manages testing and implementation of technical solutions; reviews technical documentation- user guides, training manuals, and system specifications ensuring adequacy from a knowledge management and compliance with customer expectations perspectives.
• Reviews specifications and information of the architectural design to create the product backlog , identify additional requirements, and highlight gaps (if any); recommends additional requirements to the Product Team as needed.
• Identifies and decides on the technical tools and languages needed for the design execution in line with the adopted technical and quality standards.
• Establishes/enforces efficient continuous delivery and production operations processes; creates deployment architecture based on open source technology stack for automation. Ensures the User Interfaces used for the product are in line with requirements and rightly implemented
• Conducts market researches to keep up with, identify, and implement best practices, new trends, and emerging technologies that bring best value to ISA clients; partners with cross-functional teams to explore ways and means to adopt/monitor such technologies.
• Assists in the evaluation of external vendors and products and provides input to business managers on business cases.
• Co-manages the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Ensures compliance of the implementation with the architecture. Assists ISA teams to ensure agreed service levels are met; provides needed status reports to specialists, users and managers.
• Assists in the identification and assessment of potential risks to technology infrastructure and their impact on the business; anticipates, identifies and resolves issues relating to client facing architecture and assists in developing mitigation and backup plans.
• Installs and maintains security patches in production and non-production environments and provides technical governance and sign off on engineering team deliverables.
• Leads and guides other technology experts internally; ensures there is proper, sufficient and continuous knowledge sharing within ISA.
• Cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including project managers, product, operations, governance and enterprise development teams.
• Initiates and Influences thinking and decision-making with respect to technology to the best of ISA.
• Performs any additional duties as directed by the line manager.
• Bachelor's degree in IT Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology.
• Agile development certifications.
• Architectural certifications such as TOGAF, AWS, etc.
• Security certifications.
• Fluent in English Language.
• Minimum 8 years in IT Infrastructure design and management out of which at least 2 years in a “DevOps Architect” position responsible for managing infrastructure operations and application support.
• DevOps principles and stages of CICD process from source code management, to build, deployment and test automation, finishing with production deployment
• Hands-on designing solutions for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS based set-ups, managing vendors and service providers.
• Experienced in core system configuration and systems testing.
• Holistic IT Knowledge of heterogeneous technology environments - experienced with different types of end-to-end technology stacks.
• Skilled in networking concepts: Routing, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing & VPC in a cloud environment.
• Hands-on production operations and site reliability engineering principles;
• Capable of conducting cost-benefit analysis for IT investments.
• Hands on technical leadership, technical solution design, and architecture.
• Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective persuasive, negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Employs technical interpersonal skills to achieve company’s objectives.
• Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.
Software Architect (E-Commerce CRM)
NextGen Web Technology
|Abu Dhabi||13 Jul|
IT Project Lead - TechSource