Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The Software Client Architect (SCA) is the technical leader assigned to a named client from Systems Software.
- Working closely with a Software Client Leader, and other members of the client team from S&D, Systems Hardware and IBM Services divisions, the SCA brings to bear a combination of a broad understanding of the complete IBM Software portfolio with the industry (Financial Services) and specific business goals and installed IT landscape of his/her client set, to become a trusted technical advisor to the client, assisting them to develop strategic thinking, and elevating their conversations around Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social and Security, thereby driving further adoption of IBM Software.
- The SCA will have broad experience from a number of past roles, and leads technical specialists from the various Business Units, on both pre- and post-sale engagements, to design, present, sell and build solutions and propositions both in response to formal RFI/RFPs and to develop compelling unsolicited proposals in accordance with IBM's account strategy, as well as working with the client to ensure that the software is successfully deployed and continues to deliver value over time.
- Leveraging a sound understanding of IBM's software portfolio, the SCA needs to be able to develop high-level designs for solutions, using a recognised IBM Method such as Team Solution Design, and will have excellent communication and team working skills.
- The most effective SCAs require a combination of IT and Business insight, as being able to articulate the value of IBM's proposals in business terms to support their technical merits is an ever more critical attribute.
- The role has a pre-sale emphasis, and calls for skills in Account Management and Planning, Setting Technical Direction and IT Strategy.
- The SCA will also need to be able to go into detail on occasion, such as in managing Customer Crit-sits. An SCA also gets involved in arranging and leading workshops and briefings, Lab visits, Proofs of Concept and Technology as well as Solution Assurance and Technical Design Reviews.
- Experience across emerging technologies within Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Social and Security, as well as a good network of contacts across all divisions within IBM form part of the SCA toolkit. Experience in consultative selling, effective presentation skills and negotiation techniques are key to success in the role.
- Develop Architecture
- Manage Client Experience
- Lead in Architectural Strategic Direction
- Use Consulting Techniques
- Use Oral Communication Skills
- Apply Architectural Thinking
- Use Written Communication Skills
- Apply Architectural Methods
- Use Architectural Modeling Techniques
- Apply IBM Mission/Vision/Strategy/Organization
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- Industry expertise in Financial Services
- At least 10 years of experience in IT Architecture and solution design
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Master's Degree
- Industry expertise in Financial Services
- At least 15 years of experience in IT Architecture and solution design
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: Yes
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.