Job description / Role
Software Developer - Security Solutions
Aquila Consulting are working in partnership with an international Electronic Security Solutions company based in Abu Dhabi. Due to project wins, they have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join their growing Research and Development team to assist developing C# code to integrate various security systems including CCTV, Access Control and Radar devices.
Using both managed and unmanaged SDK’s and communication via TCP/IP, the ideal candidate will be actively involved in the development, testing and integration of drivers for PSIM software to communicate with 3rd party hardware and software.
• Implementation of drivers using C# software as of the specifications provided.
• Investigate 3rd party SDK and components.
• Ensure that the solutions you develop are backwards compatible, functionality complete, resilient, stable, secure, fit for purpose and usable.
• Ensure that all solutions within the product have the end customer and ease of use in mind.
• Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
• Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
• Troubleshooting driver related issues onsite.
• Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
• Provide estimates for work to be done within the backlog.
• Work with the Testing Team to achieve the best possible design of features and enhancements.
• Highlight possible improvements as early as possible in the development process.
• Always strive to achieve the very best quality code practicable.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Experience of .Net framework areas such as Reflection, Generics, and Thread.
• Experience using C# and VB.NET, COM, Active X, Windows Forms, WPF, .Net 4 or above, TFS, Windows Server 2008 and later.
• Experience working with WCF.
• Ability to work effectively under strict time constraints and customer deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Able to work in a fast-moving environment and pragmatic approach to changing priorities.
• Object Oriented design and implementation.
• TCP/IP and networking skills.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Excellent understanding of modelling concepts such as UML and object-oriented design and development.
• Attention to detail and ownership of issues.
• Proven IT skills in Windows environments and the Microsoft application stack.
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.