Job description / Role
Transguard Workforce Solutions have been engaged by our client to source a Software Development Engineer - 3rd Party Integration . Our client integrates sophisticated physical security information management platform that provides a centralized, compliant, command and control system for security management.
Preference will be given to ARABIC SPEAKERS
As a Software Development Engineer - 3rd Party Integration based in Abu Dhabi, this role will be responsible for working under the direction and guidance of a Software Architect and produce innovative software solutions to enable the company's security software to communicate with 3rd party hardware and software, using programming skills in C#, WinForms and ActiveX components to develop code and integrate with a multitude of interesting security systems, ranging from CCTV to Radar devices, using both managed and unmanaged SDKs, as well as communication via TCP/IP.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who can demonstrate experience in the following;
• Delivering integrations between security software and 3rd party applications and/or hardware using the DDK (Driver Development Kit) or similar.
• Analyzing and interpret requirements.
• Investigating 3rd party SDK and component where appropriate and onsite if required.
• Developing high quality solutions according to specified requirements and in line with technical specifications.
• Ensuring that the solutions developed are backwards compatible, functionality complete, resilient, stable, secure, fit for purpose and usable.
• Ensuring that all solutions within the product have the end customer and ease of use in mind.
• Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
• Investigating, analyzing and documenting reported defects.
• Performing maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
• Providing estimates for work to be done within the backlog.
• Working with the HQ Testing Team to achieve the best possible design of features and enhancements.
• Highlighting possible improvements as early as possible in the development process.
• Always striving to achieve the very best quality code practicable.
• Performing related duties as assigned.
• Remotely attend development review meetings as scheduled on a weekly basis with the HQ team.
The ideal candidate must have :
• Proven experience of .Net framework areas such as Reflection, Generics, and Thread.
• Proven experience using C# and VB.NET, COM, Active X, Windows Forms, WPF, MVC, .Net 4 or above, TFS, Windows Server 2008 and later.
• Solid experience with MS SQL Server 2008/2012 and later, including database design and stored procedures.
• Solid experience working with WCF.
• Experienced at working on Enterprise distributed systems, including Clusters and HA/DR.
• Ability to work effectively under strict time constraints and customer deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Able to work in a fast-moving environment and pragmatic approach to changing priorities.
• Object Oriented design and implementation.
• TCP/IP and networking skills.
• Excellent communication and time management skills.
• Excellent understanding of modelling concepts such as UML and object-oriented design and development.
• Attention to detail and ownership of issues.
• Proven IT skills in Windows environments and the Microsoft application stack.
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.