Job description / Role
Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages.
Ideal candidate should be familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
The role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design, which will enable STS to be the technically advanced transport provider.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
• Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Investigates problem areas.
• Follows the software development lifecycle.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provide training and support to system designers and users.
• Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
• Investigating and using new technologies where relevant.
• Follow up with the service providers in case of any technical issues.
• Implement systems maintenance and management procedures and ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms.
• Evaluate vendors for cost effective solutions to support software development programs
• Liaise with vendors to procure necessary software, as per STS procurement guidelines.
• Adhere to the highest ethical norms during shortlisting and selection of vendors and notify management for unethical behaviour by suppliers.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Must Know: Programming Language:ASP.NET, webforms, desktop (Visual Basic, C++), API development for integration with third party applications, Database: SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• Application architecture and design patterns
• Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications.
About the Company
STS Group offers a broad spectrum of transport and technical services for the education and corporate business sectors. Our purpose is to shape a better world by being a reliable partner of choice for passenger transport solutions across the GCC through our core values of Safe, Timely, Smart.
As a vision-driven brand, we take a long-term view of everything we do. Our dynamism and passion for innovation have helped us achieve sustainable success in a short period. Headquartered in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, the STS Group employs over 3,000 team members across the GCC.
We take a long-term view of everything we do, and our dynamism and passion for innovation have helped us achieve sustainable success in a short period. Headquartered in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, the STS Group employs over 3,000 team members across the GCC.
Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Junior Software Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
IT Application Developer
Excelsior Group ME
Full Stack Developer
MAST Consulting Group