Job description / Role
ENTER THE WORLD OF AVIATION TECH
Join the Emirates Group IT Team in Dubai
At Emirates, we know that tech never stands still. Which is why we’re at the forefront of innovation in the aviation world. We are looking for the best IT professionals to help ensure we stay cutting-edge. So bring your talent to the world’s largest international airline and join our IT team as a Senior Software Engineer.
What We Offer
This is your chance to work on challenging projects across different brands and businesses within the Emirates Group’s global portfolio.
Based in dynamic Dubai, you can enjoy all the benefits of a cosmopolitan lifestyle and a great work-life balance. That’s on top of a tax-free salary and amazing travel perks.
About The Role
The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of an agile feature team working independently on software development and problem resolution. The role involves technical design, software development, implementation and maintenance software solutions/products that support the Emirates Group Business.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do:
• Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements.
• Convert technical solutions for small-to-medium sized initiatives into low level design and working code.
• Independently write secure and optimized code through implementation of Emirates Group approved coding standards.
• Be part of the rotational on-call support and actively participate in resolving production issues within SLAs with minimal or no active supervision.
• Accountable for built-in quality and ensuring 100% unit testing as part of the CI/CD pipeline.
• Analyse and fix all identified defects with minimal rework.
• Ensure re-factoring practices are adequately adopted to ensure minimum code debt.
• Ensure logging and monitoring hooks are implemented as part of the code development.
• Continuously stay up to date in the relevant technologies and implement the learnings to enhance the code quality.
• Adhere to the Emirates Group IT coding standards, guidelines and best practices and contribute to Software Engineering Playbooks and other Standards documents.
Experience and Skills You’ll Need To Have:
• Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
• Certification in SalesForce/Maximo/Full Stack Developer/UI Experts/ERP/MainFrame
• 5+ years’ Software Engineering experience preferably in agile ways of working
• Experience working with a range of technologies (please refer the 'SWE Core Technology grouping)
• Developing software in an enterprise environment
• Testing concepts such as unit testing, functional testing and test automation
• Resolving a variety of issues using technical expertise
• System design tools as well as experience using technologies such as Java, Angular JS, React JS
• Designing simple applications/modules
• Strong agile Software Development skills
• Strong Systems Analytical skills
Skills We’d Like You To Have:
• Middle Ware technologies including Core Java/Microservices, .Net C#
• Database & ERP Technologies Oracle PL/SQL, ERP HR/Finance/P&L, Maximo, Salesforce
• Integration technologies Tibco/Solace/Snaplogic
• Mainframe technologies TPF-ALCS , Python, Wasola
• Mobile App development using native IOS Swift, Android
About the Company
Based in Dubai, the Emirates Group employs over 103,363 staff from more than 160 nationalities. The Emirates Group’s extensive and diverse international portfolio includes the world’s largest international airline, Emirates, and one of the largest combined air services provider in the world, dnata. For the year financial year ending 2017-18, the Emirates Group posted a profit of AED 4.1 billion (US$ 1.1 billion). Within the Group there are a diverse range of businesses which offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group's dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers
Essential to the Group’s ongoing success is the employment of high-quality people who benefit from living and working in Dubai, a modern cosmopolitan city offering one of the most desirable lifestyles in the world. The Emirates Group employees come from over 160 nationalities, receive tax-free salary and benefits package, and are offered professional development opportunities to further their careers with the organisation. If you are a high-performer, seeking a career challenge, personal and professional development, and reward and recognition for your contribution, then the Emirates Group is the perfect opportunity for you.