Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, and deploy reliable backend services for web applications
- Create, modify, and scale backend database schemas, stored procedures, triggers or other components as necessary to support evolving user base and application features
- Produce well-tested, well-documented, performance-oriented code
- Leverage provisioning systems to build and configure virtual environments to support development and functional testing efforts
- Construct or develop meta-systems, scripts, or other tools necessary to support development or testing of end-to-end solution
- Collaborate with frontend development, cloud infrastructure, quality assurance, or other technical teams to ensure smooth deployment of each product release
- Be a key contributor to overall user experience and design of end-to-end solution
- Explain or present designs and constraints to stakeholders and technical teams
- Collaborate with product owners to understand needs and identify features to address them
- Work with leadership to define and adapt delivery schedules of features
- Provide regular status updates to leadership
- Assist in supporting and troubleshooting deployed systems
- Participate in code reviews focusing on performance, reliability and maintainability
- Continuously learn about new technologies and help keep the team informed of industry developments and evolving best practices
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and at least 10 years' experience in software engineering
- Experience in Python, SQL, PostgreSQL, Message Queues, Linux,
- Experience in Golang is a big plus
- Desired AWS, Virtualization and Containers experience
- Experience in developing REST API services
- Experience with developing systems leveraging distributed databases
- Experience in developing business-to-business backend services
- Experience in collaborating with frontend developers to establish and expand API requirements
- Experience in developing secure components that do not leak, disclose, or place customer information at risk
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.