Job description / Role
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
- Work in an agile team and look for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback.
- Engage and coordinate with Product Managers and other engineering teams (Front-End, Quality Assurance, Dev-Ops) in the development of new features, support, maintenance and troubleshooting production issues.
- Manage individual project through managing priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Rapidly prototype and build Proof of Concepts to demonstrate to stakeholders.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with Java, Spring Framework and web services architecture/technologies.
- Strong Object-Oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms and software design patterns.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies.
- Strong experience with building REST API and Micro-Services.
- Ability to perform and influence code reviews as well as technical design meetings.
- Experience in AWS or similar cloud computing environments with infrastructure and configuration management tools.
- Experience developing with continuous delivery / Continuous Integration processes and tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Solr) databases.
- Experience with Linux platform.
- Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing.
- Design and build reusable libraries and APIs.
- Experience in Scrum or similar agile methodologies.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and understanding of branching models & strategies
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.