Job description / Role
Software Engineer (IOS)
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, and debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services.
As a Software Engineer in Networked Devices, you are responsible for implementation of middleware or drivers as part of Agile team developing operating system and protocol software on ARM based networked device.
We look for problem solvers who can anticipate problems, look beyond immediate issues, and take initiative to improve our software. We work with positive can do attitude, issues are problems, problems are challenges, challenges are what we love.
We believe in short feedback loops, well-designed hardware and software, test driven development, automation wherever possible, to make sure we can minimize friction and focus on solving the big problems. The successful candidate will join a talented team of experienced engineers, working on challenging product creation projects.
We deliver premium products for demanding customers, mainstream is not us.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test, maintain and improve Linux or BSD based operating system patches, middleware and drivers.
- Produce architecture, design and implementation that is secure, reliable, robust, modular, maintainable, scalable and efficient
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and ship new features
- Consistently deliver on commitments on time and with quality
- Interest in learning about security and cryptography
- Participate in creation of cryptosystem with 10Gb throughput
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience
- Development experience using Rust, C, or C++.
- Experience with commercial deployments of embedded software, Linux Kernel, Device Drivers, Linux user-space software
- Familiarity with development and configuration tools (Git, Jira, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking protocols and services
- Demonstrated ability to implement complex algorithms
- Strong knowledge of data structures, concurrency, modern design patterns, object-oriented software engineering best practices
- Experience with 2 or more of the following areas
- Experience with FPGA technology and VHDL
- 4+ years of Linux, Android and/or Embedded security experience
- Embedded Platform Security (ARM TrustZone, Secure Element, TPM)
- Understanding of Linux security design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Protocol security - IPSec, VPN, TLS, Key exchange, Key Management
- Device, user authentication solutions ; Attestation
- Exploit mitigation techniques, countermeasures, vulnerability assessment, fuzzing
- Experience with Linux Kernel, SELinux and native frameworks, Android SDK and Rust frameworks
- Experience with building custom Networking solutions, from HW to SW
- Experience with secure development practices, secure development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of Cryptography, System On-a Chip and Networking Security
- Experience with security architecture, cryptography and secure communication protocols
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||16 Jul|