Job description / Role
The Software Engineer practices software engineering and applies best practices and principles to deliver high quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performant, and scalable software on schedule.
• Analyze business and functional requirements
• Size development effort based on functional and non-functional requirements
• Convert functional requirements into technical specifications
• Design data models and create program structure
• Design, code and debug applications in various software languages
• Apply international best practices to write secure, clean and healthy structured, well documented code
• Perform unit testing using appropriate tools to determine whether the code is fit for use
• Participate in peer code review to find mistakes overlooked in development, improving the overall quality of the software
• Maintain system related documentation such as data dictionary, parameters manuals, system manuals and user manuals
• Ensure PMO/INA procedures are followed and necessary documentations are maintained
• Graduate/Post Graduate in related degree of education, Computer Science, or Engineering
• Deep knowledge of waterfall and agile development practices in general.
• Minimum 3 years of experience writing code
About the Company
Mark Williams is a Dubai recruitment company with a wealth of Search & Selection experience. Mark Williams International is a subsidiary of the Williams Group UK and in December 2009 set up the Middle East business.
Mark Williams is a fully licensed recruitment firm currently focused on fulfilling clients needs in; Emiratisation, Financial Services and Information Technology related position within the United Arab Emirates. The initial focus was looking at Emiratisation into the Financial Services sector across all seven Emirates. With an increased demand for over the subsequent years for Emiratisation we have broadened our scope to place UAE Nationals into Industry & Government with dedicated teams for Emiratisation into Financial Services and Industry. Given our focus is primarily on the local market it gives us a depth of understanding & knowledge that enables us deliver our business partners an unrivaled service in terms of; speed and most importantly, quality.
Founding the Middle East business in adverse market conditions has enabled us to capture market-share and establish ourselves as a house hold name within our specialisms. Within two years we had outgrown our initial office and moved to the prestigious Business Central Towers in Media City. Mark Williams, at the end of 2014 has completed its third upscaling of operations to Bay Square, Business Bay. This was a strategic move to enable continued business growth by servicing clients and candidates with improved infrastructure, access and parking. Mark Williams provides candidates and clients private meeting rooms, testing facilities and board room access to facilitate screening and interviews. With our current capacity and growth ambitions Mark Williams is now one of the fastest growing Recruitment agencies in the region.