Job description / Role
We are looking for a qualified leader to manage our team and provide effective guidance. The software engineering manager will be responsible for supervising, managing, and motivating team members on a daily basis.
• Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs
• Developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and best practices
• Analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans
• Determining and supporting resource requirements;
• Evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results
• Identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities
• Promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Oversee the technologies, tools, and techniques used within the team
• A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products
• Ensure that development standard, policies and procedures are adhered to
• Delegate tasks, oversee the day-to-day operation and set deadlines
• Monitor team performance and report on metrics
• Assist in developing applications (if needed) with the development team.
• Lead the code review process to ensure system performance levels are achieved, encourage best practices and to quickly identify defects
• Responsible for planning and executing highly effective and usable websites and digital experiences for our e-commerce platform
• Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent
• Implement MVP solutions that will drive long term technical strategy
• Work with product management and cross-functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences
• Provide hands-on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions
• Collaborate with product managers and other partners to build a product strategy and roadmap
• Thorough understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with the Microsoft Azure or similar cloud platforms
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and practices.
• Familiarity with Docker and micro-services is a plus
• Strong understanding of web development technologies, standards, and tools used by our company (Ex. Visual Studio, C#, MVC, jQuery, Microsoft SQL, query tools and stored procedures, security, testing, configuration, and implementation)
• Strong ability to guide teams through the problem-solving process and come up with positive results
• Extensive experience designing and developing highly scalable and available systems
• Experience with debugging and performance optimization
• Self-driven person, excellent communication skills, peer collaboration
• 6 – 9 years of experience in programming high scale systems. Ecommerce system is must
• 3 years of supervising a team of software developers/engineers
• A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
About the Company
entourage marketing and events management, is not just an average agency but a team of seasoned, senior level consultants who develop winning business strategies and provide marketing horsepower required to produce clear, measurable and recognizable results.
entourage is an agency that enables outstanding results to happen for companies/individuals of all sizes, in a variety of industries and geographic locations.
We, at entourage, provide full event and marketing services with clients in automotive , sports, real estate, media, fashion & beauty and corporate sectors. Though we aim to attract a broad range of clients from a variety of entities, we specialize in helping companies break into the urban market. Our talented team of professionals possess the skills to expose, brand, and market your product or service in an effective manner.
Head of Software Engineering
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA
Head of Software Engineering
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)