Job description / Role
The Software Support Engineer will guarantee the operational maintenance of the warehouse and logistics management software solution range deployed across the customer base.
You will work closely with the Project Manager to search, identify and propose solutions, develop new software applications and upgrades, oversee source code and software application configurations.
An international player that has built a significant name in providing comprehensive, tailor-made and customisable Supply Chain management solutions across the globe.
After building a broad portfolio of products and over 100 projects engineered and delivered annually, they are now looking to expand their operations in the UAE, partnered with one of the leading regional retailers.
* Solve software and application related technical bugs and conduct code related level 1 and 2 actions for logistics and warehouse management solutions.
* Ability to debug applications built on C#, C++ or Java with working knowledge of SQL databases.
* Independently own and address and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis.
* You will provide engineering expertise to troubleshoot, modify and engineer software solutions and configurations to ensure the product/solution performs within optimal design specifications.
* Conduct malfunction diagnosis, development, tests and delivery in partnership with the global team and vendors.
* You will communicate and consult with internal/external customers to enhance the understanding of customer problems and verify that an appropriate resolution has been applied.
In addition to a fantastic Software Support Engineer opportunity working with varied projects, this role will pay an attractive salary and offer occasional travel.
* A degree in computer science or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Software Support Engineer.
* Showcase wide knowledge of Warehouse and Logistics software management solutions
* Be able to provide solutions to escalated issues by analysing and debugging code and re-evaluation product documentation.
* Scripting and programming skills (with emphasis on C#, C++, Java, SQL).
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Beaconhouse School System
|Al Ain||19 Mar|
IT and Data Management Executive
BAC Middle East
Field Software Engineer
Technical Support Professional (6 - Month Contract)
|Abu Dhabi||19 Feb|
Green Gulf Careers