Solar Project - Procurement Manager
Job description / Role
• Develops and manages procurement execution plan including category strategy and budgets with project team
• Implements/manage processes and controls around the procurement of equipment and services
• Drafts RFP, Supply Contract, Notices to Proceed, amendments
• Manages vendor and supplier selection process including signing subcontract based on price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability to ensure compliance with HDEC’s Procurement Policy
• Manages all suppliers to ensure all items ordered are delivered as scheduled or the service is completed, and that the supplier is paid timely according to the subcontract.
• Continually monitors supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
• Establishes and updates an approved vendor database.
• Identifies and sources new suppliers and vendors as needed
• Maintain professional relationships with multiple vendors
• Works with department leadership to ensure other job-related duties as assigned are completed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Supply Chain Management /Economics/Business administration and relevant majors
• Minimum of 2 years of procurement experience in EPC and/or engineering Industry
• Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the procurement process
• Able to effectively communicate commercial solutions and concepts to procurement and non-procurement personnel
• Familiar with engineering procurement procedures, standards, and codes
• Skillful with Microsoft Office
• Fluent English communication skills.
• 5 to 10 years of domestic and/or international experience as a Project Procurement Manager in a global EPC company executing contracts in energy and/or infrastructures, such as Hydropower, Solar Power, Wind power, Power transmission, and traffic construction, etc.
• Possess good negotiating skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
About the Company
POWERCHINA HUADONG ENGINEERING CORPORATION LIMITED (hereinafter referred to as “POWERCHINA HUADONG”), founded in 1954, is a state-owned key enterprise affiliated to the world’s Top 500 enterprises, Power Construction Corporation of China (POWERCHINA). Headquartered in Hangzhou, POWERCHINA HUADONG has its branches in China, and overseas offices in UAE, Indonesia, Mexico, Vietnam, Ukraine, Philippines, Turkey, Nigeria, Kenya, Pakistan, and Ethiopia.
As a national high-tech enterprise, POWERCHINA HUADONG has been ranked among the Top 100 Chinese investigation and design enterprises regarding comprehensive strength since the 1990s, and has been listed in the Top 60 Design Firms jointly compiled and published by Engineering News-Record (ENR) of USA McGraw Hill Construction and Construction Times for consecutive years since 2006.
Since its establishment, POWERCHINA HUADONG has undertaken the planning, survey, design, consulting and other work for more than 100 large and medium-sized hydropower and water conservancy projects at home and abroad.
Manager - Supply Chain (Procurement)
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Procurement Operations Analyst
Procurement Manager / Category Manager
A Leading Manufacturing Company In The UAE
Atlantic Maritime Group FZE