Job description / Role
This hire will be expected to wear various different hats covering corporate, commercial, fund management and some Islamic finance. You will be a key advisor to senior management on all legal matters pertaining to the company
Highly rated Financial Services company covering Islamic Financing, Corporate Finance and Asset management. Business partner of choice for many corporate and HNW clients
* Transactional corporate work including M&A and complex JVs
* Structuring of funds and fund management
* Instructing and managing external counsel
* Advising the CEO and the board of directors on all legal issues
* Some involvement in compliance
What is on offer?
* Exceptional quality of work and diversity of work on offer
* This hire will be a key senior advisor to the board and CEO, so there is a huge amount of responsibility on offer
* It is a very strong brand to have on your CV
* Highly competitive salary available for the right candidate
* To be considered you should be a mid/senior lawyer who is ready to take on a high-responsibility Sole Legal Counsel role.
* You should have generalist experience covering corporate, funds and some finance, we are not seeking a specialist necessarily.
* Arabic language skills are not a pre-requesite but may be considered an advantage. Those with previous Private Practice experience will be looked upon favourably.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.