Job description / Role
Our client who is a leading IT consulting firm based in Abu Dhabi is looking to hire a Solutions Architect - Big Data to work on a project within health care industry.
Please note this role is on a 1 year contract basis and will need the candidate to be based in Abu Dhabi.
Candidates from outside UAE are welcome to apply as long as they have relevant industry experience and short / no notice period.
As a Big Data Solution Architect you will be responsible for preparing the vision and solution outline for client engagements on Bigdata projects. Provides functional, technical and architectural leadership in creating and improving the design of Big Data and BI systems.
• This position works closely with engagement managers and project managers to ensure the successful delivery of engagements for clients.
• Leads client assessments, preparing current state and future state architectures along with go forward recommendations.
• Will work with the practice leads and account management team to develop statements of work, implementation plans, resource plans and project estimates.
• Ideally you will be someone who as well as having a solutions architect background, also has a good grounding and hands on experience in setting up Big Data Platforms.
• Assist the team on Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Project Management, Project Estimation
• Define, Design and develop services and solutions around large data ingestion, storage and management such as with RDBMS, No SQL DBs, Log Files, and Events.
• Work with third-party and other internal providers service to support a variety of integrations.
• Define, Design and run robust data pipelines/batch jobs in a production environment
• Architecting highly scalable, highly concurrent and low latency systems
• Working with product teams on a range of tools and services, improving products to meet user needs.
• Participating in sprint planning to work with developers and project teams to ensure projects are deployable and monitorable from the outside.
• As part of the team you may be expected to participate some of the 2nd line in-house support and Out-of-Hours support.
• Proactively advise on best practices.
• Assist in budgeting process.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences including senior executives, business, architecture governance bodies and IT delivery Ability to work globally and across cultures.
AED 28,000 to 32,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related preferred
• Minimum 10 years experience
• Essential Skills
• Experience of big data environments (also advising best practices/new technologies to Analytics team)
• Proven track record architecting and implementing large scale Data programs end-to-end
• Expert in designing and implementation of Big Data solutions (Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, Nifi,Kafka, NoSQL databases and Document DBs) and data architecture patterns (data warehouse, data lake, streaming)
• Expert in full range of data engineering approaches, covering theoretical best practices and the technical applications of these methods
• Knowledge of AI ML.
• Able to understand Cluster administration, troubleshooting issues
• Experience as Solution Architect for large scale Analytics, Insight, Decision Making and Reporting solutions, based on Big Data technology
• Experience configuring and managing Linux servers
• In depth knowledge of Hadoop technology ecosystem - HDFS, Nifi, Spark, Hive, Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, SPARK, Avro, Parquet
• Experience debugging a complex multi-server service. ? In depth knowledge and experience in IaaS/PaaS solutions (eg AWS Infrastructure hosting and managed services)
• Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
• Understanding continuous integration and delivery.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
• Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git or subversion.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Data Engineer - Banking
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Ignite Search & Selection
Big Data Developer - Telecom Company
GRMC Advisory Services
Solution Architect Senior Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||20 Apr|