Job description / Role
Serco are currently seeking a Solutions Manager. Responsible for designing effective and innovative solutions for the Serco Middle East business, the successful candidate will ensure that the delivery solutions are: aligned to the needs of the customer; operationally informed; commercially viable and offer lean and effective processes.
Reporting to the Propositions and Solutions Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Working closely with Propositions Development, the Bid Team, Client Directors and Business Units. The role holder will be responsible for project managing the day-to-day development of the delivery solution for defined bids and working closely with other subject matter experts including; finance & commercial teams, ICT, bid writing and production team, assisting them to present the solution in images and words in order to submit winning bids.
- Providing support to existing contracts, benchmarking processes and efficiency and leading on continuous improvement to support the Integrated Facilities Services Business Unit in achieving optimal results.
- End to end solution for a range of Facilities Services bids including; Business Architecture, Operations, Technology Solution, Commercial, MTT and other work streams.
- Working closely with the Bid Lead, you will own the development of the solution for each bid
- Building an understanding of the market, competitor offerings and the opportunity to develop a tailored solution
- Reviewing current services, synergies with other Serco contracts, identifying improvements, research trends, adopt good practice and assessing costs, etc.
- Re-utilising existing Serco capabilities wherever appropriate
- Designing and developing high-quality, tailored and costed delivery solutions in collaboration with estimators, other subject matter experts and operations colleagues to achieve the service users' needs and the customer's objectives
- Developing the overall vision and high-level solution design and ensure this is effectively communicated to the various stakeholders.
- Pro-actively engaging with customers, managing stakeholders, test understanding, refine requirements and develop workable solutions.
- Identifying and reviewing the specific risks associated with the opportunity / solution and contribute to the risk and issues register to ensure these are recorded with mitigations and cost impacts
- Designing solutions which offer lean and effective processes
- Ensuring a full understanding of the pricing approach, working with estimating, finance and commercial leads
- Working closely with technical leads and subject matter experts to ensure development of appropriate systems / technology for the solution
- Supporting an effective handover to the mobilisation / transition team to implement the solution
- Assisting in building and shaping local partnership agreements / subcontractors / partners
- Graduate calibre preferably holding a Bachelor's degree
- Experience in developing complex and compelling bid solutions in any Serco relevant sector (e.g. Aviation, Transport, Integrated Facilities Services or Fire & Rescue Services)
- Operations background in complex background in Facilities Management Services (Security, Catering, Hard FM or Cleaning)
- Extensive understanding and exposure to the complexities of bids and solutions in the relevant sectors in the GCC.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.