Job description / Role
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing improved strategic sourcing policies. Additionally, creating cost estimates and forecasts, negotiating cost-effective contracts with key suppliers, and overseeing the sourcing team is necessary.
A market-leading, global supplier of diversified textile, homeware, and related products.
* Lead and establish satellite sourcing and buying office based in Dubai.
* Plan and mechanize Sourcing office in Dubai to increase efficiency
* Creating new territory sourcing procedures and presenting strategies to senior management for approval.
* Calculating procurement costs and developing cost reduction strategies.
* Driving purchasing decisions based on cost and scenario analysis, as well as market trends.
* Negotiating contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service, and quality.
* Collaborating with the procurement department to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities.
* Hiring, training, and managing procurement department employees.
* Managing 3rd Party QC teams
* Maintaining strategic sourcing relationships and developing strong partnerships.
* Consolidate and implement new packaging, if required.
* Collaborate cross-functionally with our Finance, Sales, Design, and Production Teams iglobally
An exciting opportunity with a diversified, global textiles business.
* Degree in business, economics, finance, logistics, or in a related field.
* At least ten years' procurement experience in the textiles industry.
* Proficiency in sourcing software.
* Superb leadership and communication skills.
* Advanced ability to collaborate and negotiate.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
* Willingness to travel to develop, promote, and maintain strategic sourcing relationships.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies